Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to create a new side panel for an entity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create a new side panel for an entity?

How can I create a new side panel? I want to add a new panel to Accounts. I want to show some fields from the currently loaded entity.
    Ps. Is it possible to create a layout for my side panel that can be managed with Layout Manager like the Detail(Small)?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	vivaldi_2019-03-24_14-56-45.png
Views:	1035
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	47205

Maybe this will help:

I have a "Property" entity that is linked to a "Tenancy" entity in a one-to-many relationship.

In "Property" detail view, a list of "Tenancies" is shown in a side panel, similar to the way "Tasks" can be displayed in side panel.

This is how I did it:

1) Add a custom side panel in the "Property" clientDefs file

@ custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/clientDefs/Tenancy.json
    Code:
        "sidePanels": {
            "detail": [
                {
                    "name": "tenancies",
                    "label": "Tenancies",
                    "view": "views/record/panels/relationship",
                    "aclScope": "Tenancy"
                },
    2) Add the custom side panel to the "Property" side panels detail layout file

@ custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/layouts/Property/sidePanelsDetail.json
    Code:
    {
        "tenancies": {
            "index": 1
        },
    3) I used the default relationship presentation inside the side panel, but to modify the data and presentation inside the side panel, you would need to create a custom view to replace "views/record/panels/relationship" (client/src/views/record/panels/relationship.js) and create a custom template to replace "record/panels/relationship" (client/res/templates/record/panels/relationship.tpl) called inside "views/record/panels/relationship".

See how it is done for Tasks at client/modules/crm/src/views/record/panels/tasks.js

Cheers
    Last edited by telecastg; 03-25-2019, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Thanks, once I'm done I will post the result here so that this can be linked to for future use.

Comment

Working...
      X