Transferring setup from staging to production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring setup from staging to production

I have solved a problem for a group of my users by creating a workflow rule. Is there a way to transfer my work from staging to production without siting at a production machine and retyping my workflow rule? Also what about configuration information (like database and password), since these are different on staging and production)?

TIA

you can export needed workflow from database table workflow, and import in production database
    configuration information of each instanse is in data/config.php

Comment

When transferring changes such as new entities, new fields, formulas and layouts from staging to production I'm backing up the custom folder on the staging server to a tar, restoring it on to the production then running a rebuild. This has been working well for a while but I just wanted to check its safe?

Comment

I have done the same thing many times (exporting the custom folders to the production image) and never had a problem, so I think is safe.

One suggestion if you have lots of custom entities, fields, etc is to group your customization by functionality in modules instead of dumping everything in the custom namespace and you can then package each module and install as an extension.

For example, we segregated all customization related to our Property Management operation in one module, so all custom entities, controllers, etc related to Property Management now live in the namespace PropertyManagement (folders are application/Espo/Modules/PropertyManagement for back-end scripts and client/modules/property-management for front-end scripts) and we packaged them as a Property Management extension, that we can modify at will in the staging server and then package an upload as an updated extension to our production site.

You can see how this is done by downloading the free Real Estate extension and analyzing its contents.

Comment

Working...
      X