Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to create a duplicate of the Opportunity entity...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create a duplicate of the Opportunity entity...?

Is there an easy way to duplicate the existing opportunity entity and use it for further development instead of changing the existing base.

On the record view under the edit button (click the arrow) you can find Duplicate action.

Comment

Not quite what I meant. I want to copy the Opportunity table... Not just a single record.

Comment

Do you want to copy a database table? And where is a problem?

Comment

We have the Opportunities entity and I want to make a full replica of this entity.

Comment

tanya is this possible? I am wondering the same. Thanks.

Comment

With development everything is possible, but I can't understand why do you need to duplicate the data, if you can just create a relationship and use the data of related record? Please explain me the need, and maybe I can offer something to you

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
                With development everything is possible, but I can't understand why do you need to duplicate the data, if you can just create a relationship and use the data of related record? Please explain me the need, and maybe I can offer something to you
                Thank you for the reply. In my case, I don't want to duplicate the data. I want to duplicate the whole entity itself. Let me explain.

There is the Opportunity entity, which is great. Now, I want to have an entity with the same function as that one, but it would be named, let's say, Project Timeline.

For me that is my need, that is why I want to duplicate Opportunity.

Thank you.

Comment

What I need is to duplicate the whole Opportunity Module/Entity. Since I need to have a module with the exact fields.

Comment

Create this new entity ProjectTimeline with Entity Manager.
                    Copy data from application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Resources/metadata/entityDefs/Opportunity.json to custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/entityDefs/ProjectTimeline.json
                    In all fields, which have "view": "crm: you need to override these views

In all queries opportunity change to project_timeline

Try to rebuild crm in Administration
                    Also you count copy layouts from application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Resources/layouts/Opportunity to custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/layouts/ProjectTimeline

Also you need to override views in clientDefs, but first do previous steps

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
                      Create this new entity ProjectTimeline with Entity Manager.
                      Copy data from application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Resources/metadata/entityDefs/Opportunity.json to custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/entityDefs/ProjectTimeline.json
                      In all fields, which have "view": "crm: you need to override these views

In all queries opportunity change to project_timeline

Try to rebuild crm in Administration
                      Also you count copy layouts from application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Resources/layouts/Opportunity to custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/layouts/ProjectTimeline

Also you need to override views in clientDefs, but first do previous steps
                      Thank you very much for this. I will try it.

Comment

Working...
                      X