Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extending Task's parent entities

Hello,

I'm working to a custom extension used for practice management. I created a new entity practice via Resource/metadata/entityDefs and now I would like to add to it task support. In EntityDefs for the Practice I added in links:

Code:
    "tasks": {
    "type": "hasChildren",
    "entity": "Task",
    "foreign": "parent",
    "layoutRelationshipsDisabled": true },
    And added layout json files. This makes the task pane but when I try to add a task to the practice the parent selection isn't showing Practice as an option. I can add this new entity as option via in Administration » Entity Manager » Task » Fields but I'd like to make it happen as an extension. So I tried adding a custom Task.json file to extend the parent list inside the extension tree (this works for adding custom extension fields to standard Crm entities). I tried to extend the parent entities list via __APPEND__ element:

Code:
     {     "fields": {        
    "parent": {            
    "type": "linkParent",             "
    entityList": ["__APPEND__", "Practice"]        
    }} }
    Unfortunately it is not working; when I create the task it does not allows "Practice" entity type as parent. Where am I faulting? Is it possibile to extend task's parent entities via custom extension?

thanks, best regards, Michele
    Last edited by michib; 04-23-2018, 06:50 PM.

Hi,
    Code:
     {
         "fields": {
             "parent": {
                 "entityList": ["__APPEND__", "Practice"]
             }
         }
     }
    works well for modules
    but if you have this field in custom entityDefs, entityDefs the modules could be skipped because of priority

Comment

Working...
    X