Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insert Code In Header / Footer. Seems simple, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insert Code In Header / Footer. Seems simple, but...

Hi,

We need to insert a script from external apps (HotJar, HelloBar, Intercom, etc) into header or footer to announce news or new versions to the users.

We are using file main.html. However, when we access EspoCRM, the banner appears but it disappears later.

Is there any other file or configuration we can set up to use this external apps?

Thanks a lot.

Hello
    client/res/templates/site
    client/src/views/site

Comment

Hi tanya ,

Sorry for the late response. It worked PERFECT.

Thanks for you awesome support!

Comment

Hi there - I came across this because I was trying to do something similar. However, this solution did not work for me, though it did work 99%.

I was/am trying to install Google Tag Manager (and loading in my scripts through there) and have successfully loaded in both the head and body snippets required using the method above.

When I rebuild and open the console, I can see my Google Tag Manger code functioning properly. Similarly, when I "debug" from Google Tag Manager, I can see that all of my tags are firing.

However, when I'm not in "debug" mode, I see my "support chat" icon flash, then go away. Looking in the console, I don't see any errors and, looking in the DOM, I see my Google code, as well as the snippets loaded from my Tags. But, they're being overwritten somewhere.

I haven't upgraded to 6.0 yet, so maybe that'll fix the problem...but given what I read about 6.0 it's such a big change that I'm giving it some time to make sure I'm prepared with enough time to debug, if necessary.

In the meanwhile, can someone give me some direction as to what might be overwriting/overiding my GTM code? Is there a way to stop it, so that GTM has the final say after the window is loaded instead of whereever-this-code-is-that's-overwriting-my-gtm?

Resources:
        My GTM is working:

My codes are loading:

But nothing is showing up in the DOM.
        Last edited by jflores; 11-03-2020, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X