Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Override js files for view - like login

Hey guys..
    I tried for quite some time now but could not find how to override something like the /client/src/views/login.js
    I have to override that, as I want to show a modal before logging in (something like 2F Auth).

Currently I have copied (and modified) it to client/custom/src/views/login.js
    I also tried changing the tpl in here: client/custom/res/templates/login.tpl

I have read, that one usually creates a clientDef in /custom/Espo/Custom/Resources.. but there's no clientDef for login afaik..

only other reference to views/login seems to be in /client/src/controllers/base.js but changing that to "custom:views/login" does not seem to help either..

Do you have any clue how to override this, without breaking updatability?

Thanks!
    Joachim

Hello
    "in /client/src/controllers/base.js but changing that to "custom:views/login" "
    you do everything right. Seems it is cached. Clear local cache

Comment

And.. Is there any way that avoids changing any system files that might be overritten by an update?

Comment

Sorry, but no

Comment

Hey,
          thanks so far!

I feel a bit dumb.. I'm usually no webdev - so I guess it's okay to ask that

I disabled caching by adding "'useCache' => false," to config.php - so caching should not be an issue..
          But anyways only the espo.min.js is being fetched from the browser.. so I have to rebuild that, right?
          To achieve that: do I have to run the instructions noted as build instructions? https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...d#how-to-build
          Or should it be sufficient to run rebuild in the administration backend?

I'd like to rebuild that espo.min.js on the server, so it would be awesome if I don't have to have that locally as well...
          Is there any documentation of this process?

Thanks for your help again!
          Greetings

Edit: I guess I found out what to do - I had to clone the repo, change the base.js accordingly run npm install and grunt to rebuild the espo.min.js - I just copied that on the server - and now I can work with the login.js, that's on the server as it is dynamically fetched, by espo.min.js (so you won't find it in the inspector of your browser as a source).
          Thanks again
          Last edited by fodinabor; 03-15-2018, 05:51 PM. Reason: Solved

Comment

Working...
          X