adding an extra line to address field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding an extra line to address field

Hello, I am trying to add an extra line to address field. Came across this post: http://forum.espocrm.com/forum/gener...d-to-addresses, it did not work for me though. Could anyone help?

Hello
    This topic describe all the process with paths and examples. Could you show, what you do?

Comment

Hello,
      I tried creating the file custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/fields/address.json and client/custom/src/views/fields/address.js.

For step 3, I am not sure what I should do. Do I copy the two .tpl files from client/res/templates/fields/address/ to client/custom/res/templates/fields/address/?

Comment

If you define templates in view, the have to exist. You can copy or create template, but has to be located in the path you set. In example it is client/custom/res/templates/fields/address/

Comment

Being an inexperienced developer, I'm sorry if I'm asking the obvious...
          Let me first write out all the steps I took, and please correct me if I did something wrong!

GOAL: to add an extra line above the current "Street" row

1. Create a file "address.json" under the path custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/fields/address.json, with the following code:
          Code:
          [COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#007700]{
            [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"view"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]: [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"Custom:Fields.Address"[/COLOR]
          [COLOR=#007700]}  [/COLOR][/COLOR]
          2. Create a file "address.js" under the path client/custom/src/views/fields/address.js, with the following code:
          Code:
          [COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#0000BB]Espo[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700].[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000BB]define[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]([/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]'Custom:Views.Fields.Address'[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700], [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]'Views.Fields.Address'[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700], function ([/COLOR][COLOR=#0000BB]Dep[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]) {

[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000BB]detailTemplate[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]: [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]'custom:fields.address.detail'[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700],

[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000BB]editTemplate[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]: [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]'custom:fields.address.edit'[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700],

... [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000BB]OVERRIDEN METHODS [/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]...

});  [/COLOR][/COLOR]
          3. Copy "details.tpl" and "edit.tpl" from client/res/templates/fields/address/ to client/custom/res/templates/fields/address/.

After doing that, I can't see any new option that allow me to customise the address field from the cPanel.

Comment

Did you modify templates? Did you add this additional field into templates?

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
              Did you modify templates? Did you add this additional field into templates?
              I'm afraid not... could you show me how?

Comment

Working...
              X