Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Limit Categories visible in link-category-tree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit Categories visible in link-category-tree?

I have advanced pack and have products and categories set up. I have created a contract module like the tutorial and have created a relationship to select the product category. I would like to know how I can exclude some of the categories from being selected and how to exclude some of them from the selection view.

I have a parent category with subcategories and don't want the parent category to be selectable as there are no individual products listed under the parent category.

The other thing is that I'd like to be able to limit which categories are available to select from for certain contracts. Is there a way to limit which categories are displayed?

Any help is appreciated!

I'm revisiting this. I think that I have to create a custom view similar to the client/src/views/fields/link-category-tree.js

I'm just not sure what or where to modify to limit out some of the categories and make the parent categories un-selectable.

Would I need to make a custom view for the selectRecordsView: 'views/modals/select-category-tree-records', extended in the client/src/views/fields/link-category-tree.js ? I see some filters set in there, but I'm not sure where to focus my efforts.

If so, is there an upgrade safe way to do that? Is there a simpler solution?

Comment

Does anyone have an idea how I could limit the categories visible and selectable? Right now I have the products section used for all my company products. I'd like to be able to separate them out by their category since the products themselves are rather different.

I've created an entity which will allow me to record "Financial" products purchased by specific accounts. What I'd like to do is be able to limit what is visible for a user to select down to the products which have "Financial" as the parent. So in that entity, I'd like to only see and be able to select only the categories:

Investments
      Checking Accounts
      Savings Accounts
      Loan

Any idea how I could accomplish that?

Comment

Working...
      X