Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Way of exporting contact detail with opportunities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way of exporting contact detail with opportunities?

I am relatively new to EspoCRM and am loving it so far! There is one thing which has me stuck, however...

Using the out of the box set up, I am able to create 'opportunities' which link to both accounts and contacts - this is perfect for the way we do things as we like to know which account the opportunity relates to, but as important to us is the contact involved in the process.

When I go to edit the layout of the opportunities list I don't see the option to include the related contact in the list, even though I have linked the two and they show as having relationships in the various administration screens.

I wondered if there was a way of me showing the contact detail on that list too, such that when I import it I can take the contact's name and email with the opportunity and account detail already included in that view?

I'm not too worried if I need to make changes to code, provided someone can point me in the right direction - I'm assuming that because the contacts do get linked to opportunities it shouldn't be too difficult to display their details alongside the opportunity to which they are linked?

Thanks
    Rob

You should try out reports in the advanced pack (you can test them on the live demo). You must not forget that an opportunity may have n contacts - how would you display all of them together with their roles? And for imports there should be a possibility to link them together albeit in two separate runs (didn't test it but following the general logic this should be possible)
    ------------------
    Robert Laussegger
    iscon group
    http://www.iscongroup.net
    mailto://info@iscongroup.net

Comment

I have had a look at the reports bit and it doesn't seem to allow much in the way of cross reporting between modules. If I choose to report on opportunities I get a limited list of options, but can include account. All I'd want to add is the option to include a contact's details too. Perhaps I could even tell it I want it to report on a particular type of contact (decision maker), if that makes things easier?

I know it could be one to many relationship between an opportunity and contacts, but I'd be more than happy for it to display either the first contact or just repeat the opportunity information for each contact. Initially, I just need to get all of the data for a given opportunity, including the account and contact it relates to, if at all possible.

Any other ideas?

I wonder if anyone else has any experience of this or could point me towards some code which might do it?

Comment

Or whether this is the right place to be asking this question?

Comment

Working...
        X