Event attendance tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event attendance tracking

Hi I'm building a very basic module to integrate with Eventbrite. I need to show attendance / invite status for our events in the Contact detail page under the Activities / History panels.

I'm basing it on the existing Meetings entity but will include a scheduled task to grab attendance info via the Eventbrite API - very simple stuff but useful I think.

One thing I don't understand is how to save individual attendance statuses for shared events.

e.g. host an event for 30 contacts, show which registered in Activities prior to the event date, once it is held show who attended and who did not. There is a class Event, which a particular instance is shared amongst all contacts, I need another link table which relates a contact to a particular event with a status.

BTW I'm creating this so it's agnostic - other event management systems could easily plug-in. Maybe even multiple concurrently.

There's so much cross over with meetings, that I wonder if it's better to modify this to manage different types of meetings (including conferences for instance), and have separate based on that? Otherwise there will be a LOT of copy and paste happening.

Comment

And there's also already a varchar 'Status' in each {entity}_meeting link table which could perhaps be utilized?

Comment

attendance status is not implemented yet. You can only change it by clicking on link in Invitation Email. But it's not displayed in UI and can't be changed by user.

Comment

TBD in 2.5.0

Comment

Brilliant. A week or so away?

Comment

Just released.

Comment

Wow, going to have a look then!

Comment

If you have already downloaded then download one more time. We re-uploaded the new package.

Comment

Ah right I did, I've reverted to 2.4 and am trying the upgrade instead.

Comment

Working...
                    X