Display user_name instead of concat user.first_name user.last_name in UI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display user_name instead of concat user.first_name user.last_name in UI

How difficult would it be to modify the ORM so that all the createdByName / modifiedByName / assignedUserName 's etc show my username rather than my real name?

We like to use initals for usernames so that the UI could be neater

Not sure how to implement this. It seems requires some tricks.

Comment

I looked into code. It's bit difficult. We need to refactor classes that build internal metadata for ORM.

Comment

Ah I see. Well maybe I'll have a go at it when I understand the code a bit better. Thanks for looking.

Comment

Take a look to data/cache/ormMetadata

Find assignedUser relationships. There is foreign property. This property is built in classes application\Espo\Core\Utils\Database\Orm\*

These classes are not pretty good and need some refactoring.

.../Relations/BelongsTo.php is where foreign built. You need to make check if it's a relation with User and set 'userName' as foreign field.

Comment

Thank you - although it feels like a hack, it's working where I need it (when you modify the assigned user, before a refresh you see the full name but that can be fixed later on).

Here is the patch for interested folk: http://sprunge.us/NJJD
            Last edited by alasdaircr; 08-20-2014, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Hi there, this is working great for me, except in two places 'Activities' and 'History' side panels. In the 'Tasks' side-panel this is shown correctly.

Does any one have a thought about what is different between these two views / models that would mean the username is shown on one, but the user's full name in another for 'assignedUser'.

Looking at entityDefs for Calls, Meetings, Tasks I can't see anything obvious, so I'm wondering if it's because tasks are not many-to-many whereas the other's are?

Comment

I'm presuming that the problem isn't in the client code, this is how the representation happens in application side?

Comment

Hi

SQL queries here:
                  application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Services/Activities.php

Comment

Working...
                  X