Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow regular users to create new teams and users

Hello, and thank you for reading

I am a web developer, recently espo was a perfect fit for my needs when it came to a foreign client, but I had to make some modifications, however I have been stuck tying to find a way to modify a role that should have the ability to create new users and new teams, my goal is to copy the permissions like the underlined green entity, to the underlined red entities,

Thank you for reading.

Hi,

I'm not sure if there's a simple solution. If you allow "create" action in metadata, there are other internal restrictions.

custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/scopes/User.json

Code:
    {
        "aclActionList": ["create", "read", "edit"]​
    }
    Disclaimer. I do not recommend this change. Issues are possible.

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply Yuri,

I managed to allow permissions to allow the editing of the Teams and Users permission when creating roles, since then I've been trying to research the code for a solution for 2 problems:

1. In the database, it appears to be correctly assigned the permission, however when I try to Edit/Create an user other than the one currently logged in, I get access denied, (obviously no create/edit access)

2. I do have access to the edit page on users, however few inputs are not correctly being displayed, they appear as 'Read Only' and I believe it's because I need to create a new custom view regarding the detail.js and edit.js files

My requests would be as follows:

for the first issue, how and where do I modify the code, to give permissions for the regular users to modify the team member details (Keep in mind I already have the database setup correctly)

and for the second issue, I was tweaking around with the view but I believe I am misunderstanding how the custom view extensions work, If possible please drop some insights as to how do I properly modify the file regarding the files located at: */client/src/views/user/record and my custom path at: /client/custom/src/views/user/record. my main goal is to modify the 'hardcoded' part "this.getUser().isAdmin()" to a metadata config of "this.getAcl().checkScope('User', 'create')"

Edit:I also had a little issue trying to debug the changes I had implemented, as an extra note: if you could also drop some more insights as to what is an efficient way to debug for future reference.

Thanks in advance.
      Last edited by DFerati; 04-15-2024, 02:22 PM. Reason: Added a new sidenote.

Comment

Originally posted by yuri View Post
        Hi,

I'm not sure if there's a simple solution. If you allow "create" action in metadata, there are other internal restrictions.

custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/scopes/User.json

Code:
        {
        "aclActionList": ["create", "read", "edit"]​
        }
        Disclaimer. I do not recommend this change. Issues are possible.
        tried this. but getting error saying " access denied, no create access " while creating user.

Comment

Hi binshadme, Thanks for your reply.

The issue stands in a larger scale than I first anticipated, the reason is the way espoCRM handles the permission in our case is based on the User->Type column in the database, to allow other users, you must refactor the logic from "this->getUser().isAdmin" *Which only checks if user is of type admin.

A possible solution is by extending the functions and checking the permissions from the user ACL, it's a bit of work, but it should work as expected

Comment

Working...
          X