Best way to create a price list per account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to create a price list per account

We use Sage 100 ERP and the customer price lists are cumbersome to add/edit. I'd like to make things easier by creating a spot inside espoCRM where we can change or create customer pricing and then give access to customers inside the portal or print them as PDF and also export them into Sage 100 via Visual Integrator. Visual Integrator just merely imports CSV files.

Each import/export CSV would have 4 fields: customer division, customer number, item code and price. Each customer has about 12 items that we quote out. One kicker would be we sell items per sq ft. So 1/2" product is all $300 per msf. So 8' board is 300 and 12 ft board is 300. The system then automatically converts the 300 into $9.60 for 8's, etc. I'd like to have the system receive numbers for 1/2 and then auto populate all of the 1/2 item codes. But if thats not possible then I'd at least like to list each part so we can enter the prices. Then later export the csv and then import it directly into our ERP.

Hope I explained this well enough. I'm just looking for general direction, like create an entity and link with this database, then use this field types, etc. Or if I have to purchase an extension then which one and how will this be handled. I dont know for sure.

In Sales Pack, we have a Price Book feature. A Price Book can be related to an Account (the relationship already exists). By setting access level to 'account' in a Portal Role, portal users will be able to see only the Price Book related to their Account record.

As I understand, you would like to have a single Price List where items are directly related to a specific Account. Right?

Comment

Yes with the ability to export back into our ERP. Not sure it will work, the CSV needs a couple standard fields but the variable fields are division#, customer#, item code, and price. Is that possible to pull those fields out along with some static fields? (One of the standard fields is "O" for Price Override")

Comment

You can create such a price list entity via the Entity Manager. The question how you will utilize these prices. If you need to create Quotes with added items, you would need either to create an entity or use Quotes form our Sales Pack. But you would need to override the build-in pricing functionality.

Price Books in Sales Pack work differently than you need. There can be multiple Price Books. An Account can be related to a specific Price Book. You can import Product Prices from a CSV and automatically relate them to a needed Price Book. You could have a separate Price Book per Account. This will require that the Name of the Price Book is the same as the column that contains the Customer reference. This approach will require zero coding.

Comment

Working...
        X