Need some clarity on full text search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some clarity on full text search

Recently, I have enabled full text search for a few entities like "Case", "Opportunity" etc. Full text search is not defined for some entities like "Email Template".
    Let's say we have 2 email templates, "Sales Response Email" and "Support Response Email".

Earlier when I searched for "Response" in the Email Template, I used to get both "Sales Response Email" and "Support Response Email" as outputs.
    Now since I have enabled full text search for other entities, when I search for "Response" in the Email Template, I get output as "No data".

The where condition of the sql query looks like this, "emailTemplate.name LIKE 'Response%'"

I get correct results when I search for "Sales" or "Support" as it searches for start with.

So my question is, Since I have enabled full text search for a few entities, Espo does some strict checks and considers full text search not defined as full text search = false.

Or Is it some code error done at my side causing this problem?

Hi Prathyush Shetty,

Please go to Administration > Settings and check the Use 'contains' operator when filtering varchar fields box. Note that it can affect performance.
    But in this case, you will be able to receive search results the way you need: if the word is present in the Email Template name.

Comment

Working...
    X