Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File to Attach Multiple

Hi all
    I have a client that has quite a few fields of type file but after 2 years they have asked if the fields can accept more than one file for upload.
    So simple question... is there a way to convert a File field to type Attach Multiple?
    Failing a simple solution, does anybody have experience with how to accomplish this task?
    Thanks for your consideration.
    Last edited by nickh; 11-28-2023, 05:43 PM.

Dont quote me on this but one trick I get this to work is to just delete the field, recreate it with same name.

Comment

Thanks for this.
      When you have done this, does it maintain the existing file that is already present and allow more files to be added?

Comment

You will need to carry over related_id => parent_id, related_type => parent_type for entries in the attachment table where field = 'yourFileField' AND related_type = 'YourEntityType'.

Comment

Thanks Yuri. Very much appreciated.
          Sounds quite daunting when there are some 94000 attachments across 11 different fields. May try to encourage them to consider a different solution.

Comment

It can be done with an UPDATE SQL query. Not that difficult. Just make sure you did a table backup before running.

Comment

Working...
            X