No announcement yet.

Using Workflows to create a REQUIRED field based on the values of other fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Workflows to create a REQUIRED field based on the values of other fields

We are aiming to use ESPOCRM to record several different types of opportunities, I have used an Enum field to categorise a "Department" and then added additional custom fields related to the entries in that field.

Some fields on the Opportunity will therefore only be essential if the category demands it, so I have used the attached Workflow to essentially make a field "Required" when a certain value is applied to "Department".

When I first tried making this Workflow I tested it and confirmed it was working, but later on I found that records with "Department" = "Plant" and a blank "Model" field would complete the save process.

I've tried deleting the work flow and recreating but it still doesn't seem to work. Can someone confirm the logic in this workflow is correct please?

Thanks

Maybe you misunderstood the purpose of workflow extension. It doesn't allow to change form behaviors. It is intended for executing some business logic (Actions) after record created or saved (later we will add recurring trigger).

You've specified conditions Department = Plant and Model is Not Empty. The actions (bellow) will be executed once these conditions met.

Comment

OK. Thanks for confirming. Maybe this is something you'd consider as a potential future action? Having conditional required fields based on the values of related fields is a very useful tool.

Comment

Yes. We consider to implement this feature. But now you can use formDependency logic. It's bit tricky https://github.com/espocrm/documenta...namic-forms.md

Comment

Working...
        X