Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import using Execute in idle stops other jobs

Hi,
    Not sure if this is intended or not but I have noticed that if I do an import with "Execute in idle" set to true no other jobs are being executed.
    I have Run Jobs in Parallel set to true and this seems to work in other cases. I have no errors in my logs.

I doubt it's a problem in Espo. Might be not enough system resources while import is running.

Comment

Hi Yuri,
      I am not hitting any limits on the server. There is quite a lot of spare memory and processor available. The jobs just do not seem to be getting picked up while a long running job is executing. I am using the daemon service to run my jobs.

Comment

There's no difference between the import job and any other job. That's why I assume the problem is that php process is not being started while heavy import job is running. It's not controlled by Espo. Do you have jobs with status = 'Ready' while import is running?

Comment

Hi,
          No jobs are in ready.
          I have attached a couple of images to help. While the import job is running no other jobs are run, updated to ready or created. The jobs list stays exactly the same through the whole import. As you can see in the After image there is a 4 minute gap between any jobs being created.
          For a fairly small import like this that took less than 5minutes its not so bad but for larger imports this is a problem.

Comment

Hi,

You are right. We use multiple cron runs and missed the issue with daemon.

Probable fix: Change 'run' to 'start' here https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...Daemon.php#L90
            Last edited by yuri; 09-28-2021, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Thanks Yuri.

Comment

Working...
              X