Company of a contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company of a contact

After the last update to 6.1.8, I noticed that when I assign a company to a contact, that company no longer appears in the list view. When I edit the contact out from the list view, the company is not there, but when I enter it, I get a message that nothing has changed because the company was already there.
    When I export the contact, the Company Filed is empty also.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by asebaste; 07-30-2021, 08:38 AM.

Hello!
    I've just checked the same thing as you had in EspoCRM 6.1.8 version. So, when I assign the company to the contact, it appear in the list view and everything is working. Maybe, something is wrong with your settings.

Comment

Hello, first, try a rebuild and empty cache (also of browser).
      If nothing changes, look into the log file (data/logs), if there is any hint.

Comment

Hello, I rebuild und empty the cache, but nothing changes. There is no log file from today, so no hint from there. I tried to creat a new contact, the failure still there.

Comment

Hint: There ist a field companies and another field company. In the field companies I see the the right data, but in the field company there is nothing. Probably there is something about those fileds: Company vs. Companies
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I do not use account entity in espoCRM (that is where you enter the data of companies). But I had a look into it. There are in fact two fields account (sing.) and accounts (pl.). The first is a link field to a single account (or company), the other one is the field of the relationship between accounts and contacts. Within that field you can choose more than one company for the given account, extended by an enum field with Roles of that contact in that company.

In the list view layout you should choose the accounts (pl.) version, because I guess you don`t have the account (sing.) in your detail view. So all company data is in the accounts (pl.) field and this field is currently not represented in the list view.

I admit, it`s a bit guessing, because I don`t know all of your configuration.

Comment

Hi, the point is, that when you export contacts (all fields) there is one column with the name "accountName*. This column shows the account (sign.) of the contact. With the update this column (and the column "accountID" is left empty, but only for the contact that I added after the update. For those before the update there is a accountName and accountID.

So it is not only a problem in the list view, also in the export and it definitly changed with the update.

An export of the data will show wrong informations.

I didn't change anything on my configurations. I just installed the new update with the usual update command.

If there is anything I can check, I will do it. Please tell me, what i should check. Software testing is my profession :-)

Kind regards

Comment

If this occured after update, it might be an issue or bug. Try to post in the forum bug reports: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/bug-reports

Comment

But I did allready report it there....:-)

Comment

Hi there, can somebody verify that since the last update there is a change in the exported csv file from contacts? The column accountName and accountID are left blank.
                    After the last update of EspoCRM adding a new contact will generate a problem with the account link.
                    Thank you.

Comment

You can use official demo to test that: https://demo.espocrm.com/?lang=en_US#Contact

Comment

Thanks for the hint. I test the functionality on this demo and it worked on the demo.

Than I delete the contact in my EspoCRM that hat this error. Than I create the contact one more time, and it worked.

After Update I create a new contact and I had the problem, than I rebuild it and the problem was still there. After deleting and adding the same contact, the problem was solved.

Probably there was a problem after update without rebuild.

But ok, now it works as it should.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                        X