Updating a Field Inline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating a Field Inline

When updating a field in the entity with the pencil icon it will bypass any rules set up in the fields parameters.

For example:

1. I use the pencil icon to update a State to Colorado.
    2. A rule is set up in the zip code field that requires an input if the state is Colorado.
    3. When I update it with just the pencil I am no longer required to input the zip code.

If I click the entity and "Edit" then all works as intended.

Thanks!

Quick solution is to disable inline edit on the state field, I dont think it is easy to make the zip code required because it is not in edit mode.

This must be a feature request that to make the dynamic logic work on backend, I think it is not easy but really useful.
    CEO & Founder of Eblasoft.
    Professional EspoCRM development & extensions.

Comment

It's a known issue described in the documentation. No fix planned for the nearest feature.

Comment

yuri I remember you made a formula function that will raise a validation error, not sure if I confused it with something else, made a search but not found it
        CEO & Founder of Eblasoft.
        Professional EspoCRM development & extensions.

Comment

• yuri
          yuri commented
          Editing a comment
          It's not formula but dynamic logic. The issue is in v7.0 milestone.

The issue is addressed to some extend here https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/issues/2043

Comment

Maybe using a dynamic handler script to trigger the required condition for zip code every time the state is equal to "Colorado" , but eymen-elkum is right, you would also need to set the mode for zip code to "edit" and then I am not sure how Espo would handle two fields open for inline edit at the same time.

UPDATE: I read the link regarding this issue, I guess it is a similar solution
          Last edited by telecastg; 08-02-2021, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X