Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• portal users

Greetings
    I have created a portal where I create three users and a role, in the role I give them access to everything, the only thing they cannot do is delete, however, none of these users have been able to create anything, if they can read and edit them, the problem occurs when they create something, they get a 403 error, but as I have told you, in the role I have given them access to everything, also to create.

This is the error that comes out, this is the role you create and this is the portal

I hope someone can help me

Hello,
    The Portal Users have a lot of restrictions. Some of the restrictions cannot even be changed with the granted role.
    There are 2 ways to figure out what element returns the 403 error:
    1. Reproduce the error again and investigate an EspoCRM log file https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...ng/#check-logs.
    2. Open a dev tools panel in your browser (F12 key) -> Switch to the Console tab -> Reproduce the 403 error. The error should occur within Console.

You can provide the received error description so I could find out what actually caused the error.

Comment

• Ara
      Ara commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, this is what I get

Thanks, this is what I get
    Attached Files

Comment

It looks like you are trying to assign a user to a new record. But the portal user doesn't have permission to do that even with Role.
      So don't try to affect the 'Assigned User' field by the portal user. Basically, this field stays empty upon record creation by a portal user. But also it can be automatically filled up with any automation tools like Formula/Workflow/BPM.

Comment

• Ara
        Ara commented
        Editing a comment
        What it means is that if in my entity I have a default user this does not work?
        And could not fix it either?
        because I understand that these settings are not available for the basic version

What the default user you are talking about?

Comment

• Ara
        Ara commented
        Editing a comment
        In entities administration> fields> assigned user
        There is the option to fill in the form and have an assigned user, I have an assigned user for each entity (references, opportunities, cases, contact)

The 'Assigned user' field is a default field for any entity. How you made this field automatically connected to the Admin user upon record creation? Did you put the Admin user as a default option for this field?

Comment

• Ara
        Ara commented
        Editing a comment
        That's right, I set a user (admin) as the default option

That's right, I set a user (admin) as the default option

Comment

1. Change this option to blank.
        2. Use this formula instead:
        Code:
        ifThen(
            entity\isNew(),
            assignedUserId = '1'
        );

Comment

• Ara
          Ara commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok, I understand that when the entity is new it will automatically put user 1 (in this case the administrator), but what would happen if some of my other users when creating it put someone other than the administrator, would there be an error in the system? , or would it just ignore what the user puts in and put the administrator?
          2._ If later the administrator wants to assign someone else, can he do it?
          3._ Will the name I give affect my status for this entity?
          For example I do not have any status that has the name again
          Last edited by Ara; 04-30-2021, 03:10 PM.

• espcrm
          espcrm commented
          Editing a comment
          Can't help you with those question, but Formula get run after each time you Save/Update.

> but what would happen if some of my other users when creating it put someone other than the administrator, would there be an error in the system? , or would it just ignore what the user puts in and put the administrator?

The Formula triggers after you click the Save button so it will rewrite the Assigned user field and assign it to the Admin user.

> If later the administrator wants to assign someone else, can he do it?

A new user will be assigned, because this action considers by a system as Update. The provided Formula triggers only upon new record creation.

> Will the name I give affect my status for this entity?

It shouldn't. These are different fields, so if you don't have a logic that might affect it, the Status field should stay untouched.

Comment

hi, i am trying to do the portal for my customers, but the knowledge base has no option to filter to show to the account/own only, so every portal user has access to all knowledge base. what am i doing wrong? thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
          X