Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When referencing the Account from a Contact in reports it picks the wrong one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When referencing the Account from a Contact in reports it picks the wrong one.

Hi, I have a report which works against Contacts.

This report has a filter that references the Account.Type

On a specific Contact there are two parent Accounts, one Active and one Inactive. When I use the Account.Type filter, it looks at the Inactive Account rather than the Active account.

I appreciate that if there are multiple Accounts then the filter could be ambiguous, but it should ignore Inactive accounts.

Here are some screen snips.

First the Contact ref:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Account.png
Views:	142
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	66352

There are only 2 linked Accounts, "EY ZW" (Inactive) and "Cassava Smartech" (Active).

On each account there is a "Status" that relates to the Account.

This is filtered in the report here:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Account Type.png
Views:	104
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	66354

In my example Cassava is a Customer and "EY ZW" isn't.

When I run the report I am expecting the Contact to be picked because the Active Account is a Customer. It is not being selected.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Unfortunately, the report functionality doesn't know about account being inactive or active. I suggest that you set the active account as a primary for the contact. You have inactive account set as primary.

Comment

Ah, so the link is to the Primary account; that makes sense.

I see that primary is indicated in a different way to what you do elsewhere in the system (say primary phone number or primary email), could I suggest that you standardise this so that others don't make the same mistake. It has taken me a long time to track down why there are the wrong number of items on the report.

Comment

That's because there was no enough space to fit the button there.

Comment

Working...
        X