Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem by exporting "ü, ö, ä" and multiple account

Hy there
    There are two things I would like to let you know.

As you know, in Europe we use the "ü, ö, ä". When I export a contact, for example "Mr. Müller", in the created *.CSV file there is a "Mr. Müller". I checked the database. In the database there is a "Mr. Müller". The Webapplication show the name correct. Only in the exported file is an error.

Probaly there is something with the charset/collation in the export operation.

One contact can have more than one account. For example: Mr. Müller works for Microsoft and Apple (I now, thats not really possible and Mr. Müller should better work for the community :-)). In the exported file Mr. Müller is listed only one time. Only for the first company. The second is missing.

Can you help to fix this things?

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Kind regards, Alessandro

I had a quick check and it seem that by default CSV in general doesn't support Unicode Text (example: ü, ö, ä). You may need to export it as XLS (Excel) and convert it to a Unicode formatted CSV file.

Surprisingly Import does support unicode from the look of it, tooltips say "Should be UTF-8 encoded", so it would make sense that export is also UTF-8, so I'm not sure how Espo is designed at this stage.

You can try other unicode text and see how it behave, for example the French accent which is more "popular", that é with a slash to the right (example: Café)

As for your second question, I think you need to export the field "Accounts" not "Account" which is single and it will export the Primary (Star). It look a bit odd when exporting to CSV though. It look OK when you export to Excel but it doesn't have Hyperlink support.
    Last edited by espcrm; 08-25-2020, 07:45 AM.

Comment

I tried to export to CSV a record with 'ü' character and it was exported well.

Comment

Thank for the quick answers.

1. I use CSV export and I work with LibreOffice. By opening the CSV file I tried to use UTF-8 instead of what is proposed. And it worked. Thank you.
        2. I normaly use "all fields". In this case only "account" is selected. I use "all fileds" because it takes less time to export. I need the export to import all contacts into another tool. If I have to select the needed fields every time I export the contact, it tooks to long. So I export all fileds.
        Last edited by asebaste; 08-26-2020, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Maybe there is a problem with wrong coding in database?

Comment

Originally posted by asebaste View Post
            Thank for the quick answers.
            2. I normaly use "all fields". In this case only "account" is selected. I use "all fileds" because it takes less time to export. I need the export to import all contacts into another tool. If I have to select the needed fields every time I export the contact, it tooks to long. So I export all fileds.
            Yes unfortunately there is no "preset" system yet.

But if case where you export All Field, wouldn't there also be an "Accounts" field that was exported? Use that as import.
            Last edited by espcrm; 08-31-2020, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by espcrm View Post

Yes unfortunately there is no "present" system yet.

But if case where you export All Field, wouldn't there also be an "Accounts" field that was exported? Use that as import.
              When I export all fileds, there is no field "accounts". It behaves like a select all fields, exclusive "accounts". Each contact is listed one time only even if the person works in different companys.

Comment

• espcrm
                espcrm commented
                Editing a comment
                That is rather odd. I suppose you can change the List view and Accounts would be available as Default field selected when you click Import.

Perhaps it might also be possible by using the Report feature?

---
                Just notice that I made a typo, it should be "Preset" not "present".

I gon't have the report toolset yet. But yes, I could be a possibility. The import into other systems is not really a problem. That works.
              About the export function: When I select "account" and "accounts" both are listed. In the column "accounts" all companys are listed. So far so good. But only the diffrent companys are listed. Not the diffrent phone numbers, emailadresses etc. My suggestion is, when exporting "accounts" there should be a row for each contact information. If a contact work for diffrent accounts, there should be a row for each account of the same contact. Further is to think about the diffrent between "account" and "accounts". Should both be selectable when exporting contacts? Or does the "accounts" allready meet the need?

Now I can work with the acctual solution. I allready tried to develop a SQL query in order to get what I need.

OK. I think we can close this issue. If someone think, that my suggestion about the export function make sense and should be taken as a change request, go for it.

You all do a great job, it's a great tool and i like to work with. I know, there is always something to do.

Kind regards, Alessandro
              Last edited by asebaste; 09-01-2020, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X