Merge of Contact don't effect Portal User

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merge of Contact don't effect Portal User

Bug reported to ESPO team at **** with screen recording.

Scenario: When you merge a contacts and one of them are allocated to Portal user, the merge functionality don't transfer assigned contact in portal users. Be careful by the merge of contats if you use portal!

Hoping for quick fix, as it bring a lot of mess in system when portal users do any actions in CRM.
    Last edited by yuri; 04-20-2020, 10:47 AM.

I'm concerned about security. I think that a user that merges contacts should not be allowed to change portal users somehow.

Comment

• partomas
      partomas commented
      Editing a comment
      Problem is that there are no visibility which contact have assigned portal user, so to make a mistake its easy when you are blind.

In 5.9.0 version Portal User field will be displayed on the merge view: https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/issues/1685

You can also utilize a workflow rule to remove a portal user upon contact removal.

1. Create a workflow rule for Contact with 'Signal' trigger type.
    2. Specify signal name: '@delete'.
    3. Add action Update Related Record > select 'Portal User', in formula add the following code:

Code:
    deleted = 1;
    Last edited by yuri; 04-20-2020, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• partomas
      partomas commented
      Editing a comment
      we'll wait til 5.9.0 upgrade. it's enough for us.
      I would appreciate if for creation of portal users we don't need an admin rights and any regular manager with assigned privileges could create such users.
Working...
X