Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Email campagin won't send (or queue all emails)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email campagin won't send (or queue all emails)

Hi

Yesterday I created an email-campagin. Then I created a mass-email planned for todays morning. I also sent a test-email for this mass-email and everything looked fine.
    Today I checked the campaign and saw that the massemail hasn't been sent. And only around 620 of the ~10'000 contacts in the targetlist have been queued for sending.

For testing purposed I created another campaign with just a smaller targetlist and the all emails did get cued and sent as well.

I guess this is a bug based on the size of the targetlist... Could anybody confirm that they have successfully sent an email-campaign with a targetlist bigger than 10'000 items?

Best regards
    Luca

Hi Luca,

What status of Mass Email record? In Process, Complete or something else?

Anything in data/logs?

Comment

Hi Yuri

The status of the mass-email record ist "Pending".

I was able to find some entries regarding mass emails in the logs:
      Code:
      [2020-03-31 04:30:08] Espo.ERROR: Job ProcessMassEmail#createQueue 5e81e21f01c05fa4c: [HY000] SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1267 Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '=' [] []
      [2020-03-31 04:35:07] Espo.ERROR: Job ProcessMassEmail#createQueue 5e81e21f01c05fa4c: [HY000] SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1267 Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '=' [] []
      [2020-03-31 04:40:16] Espo.ERROR: Job ProcessMassEmail#createQueue 5e81e21f01c05fa4c: [HY000] SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1267 Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '=' [] []
      That's a bit strange for me, as in the jobs in the administration all mass email jobs have been marked as "Success"

Comment

Seems the mysql error is a culprit. Must be different collations are used for some columns in database. I don't know where yet.

Comment

What entity types the faulty campaign has in the target list. Only contacts or mix of different entity types?

Comment

Originally posted by yurikuzn View Post
            Seems the mysql error is a culprit. Must be different collations are used for some columns in database. I don't know where yet.
            So let's find out together :-) I'll help you as much as I can.

What entity types the faulty campaign has in the target list. Only contacts or mix of different entity types?
            Just contacts and some leads.
            I just removed the leads from the target list. The scheduled job for the processing of the mass emails did just run, but nothing different. I also recreated a new mass mail record. Just to be sure to have a clean record to start with. But saddly still the same error in the logs...

Also another question: What is the UID in the log entry? Is this the ID of the scheduled job or, the running job instance? Or the mass email or the contact?
            EDIT: I just figured out the UID is the ID of the mass email
            Last edited by lucakuehne; 03-31-2020, 01:54 PM.

Comment

It's an ID of MassEmail record

Comment

Do you have the latest version of EspoCRM?

Comment

Please check the collations of the following columns in database:

table: contact
                  column: id

table: contact_target_list
                  column: contact_id

Comment

Do you have the latest version of EspoCRM?
                    Yes, version 5.8.4

Please check the collations of the following columns in database:
                    table: contact
                    column: id

table: contact_target_list
                    column: contact_id
                    I checked them and they are they same:
                    contact.id => utf8_unicode_ci
                    contact_target_list.contact_id => utf8_unicode_ci

Comment

Try to replace application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Services/MassEmail.php file with this one: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/es.../MassEmail.php'

It's from the next version, maybe it will help.

Comment

I replaced the file and restarted the apache, but the error still occurs.

Comment

Does it process the same number of targets every time? Maybe the error occurs at a specific record?

Comment

Hi Yuri

Yes it does indeed stop ervery time after it has processed 621 contacts.
                            But how can I determine at which contact the proccess fails? I don't really see the logic on how the mass email processes the target items...
                            Last edited by lucakuehne; 04-01-2020, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Hi Luca,

Please replace the file again: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/es.../MassEmail.php. I made a few changes to it.

Then.

Add to this line: https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/blob/hotfix/5.8.5/application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Services/MassEmail.php#L179

the following code:
                              PHP Code:
                              $GLOBALS['log']->error('Item count: 'count($itemList)); 

Wrap this line https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...Email.php#L185 with try catch

PHP Code:
                              try {

$emailAddressRecord $this->getEntityManager()->getRepository('EmailAddress')->getByAddress($emailAddress);
                              } catch (
                              \Exception $e) {

$GLOBALS['log']->error('Bad email address: ' $emailAddress);
                                 throw new 
                              \Exception($e->getMessage());

Comment

Working...
                              X