Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foreign Field can only retrieve first Link (Bug?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign Field can only retrieve first Link (Bug?)

Not sure if this is a bug or am I doing something wrong. Please see image and step how to replicate.

Environment: 5.8.2
    Reproducible on demo on the date of: 27 Feb 2020

Step 1. Create 2 relationship linking Many to One (see image).
    Step 2. Create Two Foreign Entity linking to any field, in this case I choose Email.
    Step 3. Add those field to the Layout manager so you can select it later and it is visible to see.
    Step 4. Test the Foreign field. And it both link to the First (Contact1Email) Linking/Relationship only. Second (Contact12Email) relationship doesn't work.

Thanks for reporting. This is difficult to fix issue.

Comment

That semi-good news because it is recognize as a bug. Bad news I guess is "When will it be fix?" because "Difficult to fix" so it might be a long time.

Haven't test this yet but I think it will work.
      I suppose what I can do is, create another field call, "Email2", input my Secondary contact with that field and then create a foreign field linking Contact2 to Email2.

Once this issue is fixed then I can just wipe the Email2 field.

Comment

To be fixed in 5.8.3.

Comment

For those that want a quickfix or want to follow the progress. Here is it:

https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/issues/1632

---

I can confirm that it is working using those files changes data. You can either download them and replace the file in your EspoCRM or made manual copy/paste changes to them.

I did a Clear Cache + Rebuild in case after I made the changes.
          Last edited by espcrm; 03-02-2020, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X