Email: 500 Authentication error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email: 500 Authentication error

When I send a test email from the 'email account settings' all is fine. However at this time I am unable to send emails from the system itself. The password and login should be ok (also test email works), but just unable to reply to incoming emails from customers. Ofcourse I already reentered the information and this did not help either. Other users do not have this same issue....

Hi Bill,
    could you clarify, are you talking about Personal Email Account, not General Outbound Emails configs? If so please check whether there is no old SMTP configuration in the user's preferences.
    BTW, do you use Google Integration pack with Gmail Secure Authentication?
    You can investigate your log file in the data/logs directory to gain more info about the error.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
      If so please check whether there is no old SMTP configuration in the user's preferences.
      Thanks!
      This helped... However, now I am a bit confused... What is the difference between this email account and the email account in the 'Personal accounts' of the administration section?

Comment

The SMTP configuration in the user's preferences is deprecated functionality. It was used before we embedded Personal Email Accounts. In the modern EspoCRM versions by default SMTP configuration in the user's preferences is hidden to avoid such situations. It is recommended to use Personal Email Accounts only. This scope can be still visible only for users who configured it long time ago.

Comment

ok, thanks..! Any way to clean this without reinstalling espocrm?

Comment

Working...
          X