Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 502 when sending email to .biz domain

Hi

We got a kind of strange behavior over here.

When we try sending an email from EspoCRM, we get an error 502 as a response:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot.jpg Views:	8 Size:	39.7 KB ID:	54213

- Other email adresses work just fine.
    - We already sent the person an email about 2 years ago (also from EspoCRM) and back then it worked fine
    - I tried sending the same email using Outlook: Works fine
    - I searched the EspoCRM-logs for entries regarding this action: There was just one entry in the logs for today, which was irrelevant for this case

We have the same problem with another email-adress from the same company. I don't know if the problem is the domain or the top-level-domain ".biz".... Because we are sending emails to .biz domains very rarely...

I tried everything I could possibly think of. Any ideas?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lucakuehne; 12-16-2019, 08:24 PM.

Hello,
    The 502 SMTP error means 'This command is not implemented'. So I think that this issue applies to smtp server. If you use your own SMTP server, please check its configs. If not, contact support service.

Comment

Hi

But the "command" works without a problem with other email adresses. Just not with ".biz"...
      Also the SMTP Server is Office365... Do you really think it s a problem of Microsoft?
      And when I try sending the exact same email to the exact same email address using Outlook it works without any problem...

Let's just assume I'm believing it is Microsofts fault: I need some kind of response or log to give to the support service...

And I don't think it is an SMTP response. The 502 error is a response to the HTTP request which should trigger the SMTP response.

Comment

• partomas
        partomas commented
        Editing a comment
        we had similar issue, not only to biz domain, update to newest version solved somehow it.

If this is outlook SMTP server please contact its support service. I believe thay can sheed the light on this issue. EspoCRM doesn't have such restrictions in the code, or something like that. As you mentioned above, the SMTP works good upon sending to other recipients. So I think that this issue doesn't apply to EspoCRM.

Comment

I contacted the support. And they told me it's going to be a problem of EspoCRM.
        But to be completely sure they need some SMTP transaction logs. (Which I as well asked for in the first post) But where can I find those logs?

Comment

Does the error occur upon test email sent, or the error occurs only when you trying to compose an email to .biz?
          I have tried to sent emails via office365 to .biz and it sent w/o errors.
          Last edited by Maximus; 12-30-2019, 10:43 AM.

Comment

The error occurs upon sending of the email (not at the point of composing the email)
            As I said before: When I'm sending it trough Outlook (via the same mailserver) it sends without a problem. It's just from EspoCRM for this .biz domain.

I saddly don't have another .biz domain to test if it occurs on all .biz domains or just this one particular.

Comment

Do you have some .biz email box for testing? If yes, perhaps you could give me it in private message and I will send a few messages with using Outlook SMTP configs?

Comment

Do you mean the .biz email address which I can't send from using EspoCRM? If yes I could send you one of those email addresses via private message.

I'm asking a third time: Where can I find the SMTP transaction logs from EspoCRM? The Office365 support team asked me again for those logs...

Comment

All logs are stored in the data/logs. Also, you can enable DEBUG mode. Perhaps it will allow to get more info about the error. To enable DEBUG mode please open the data/config.php file and change 'level' => 'WARNING', on 'level' => 'DEBUG',.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                    All logs are stored in the data/logs.
                    So with other words there are no SMTP transaction logs...

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                    Also, you can enable DEBUG mode. Perhaps it will allow to get more info about the error.
                    I did that for testing purposes. But the only thing I can see regarding the test-mail is, the two workflows getting triggered by the email. But no error or any other entry regarding the transmission of the email to the mailserver.

Comment

Working...
                    X