Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outbound personal email does not use 'From name', however Shared email does work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outbound personal email does not use 'From name', however Shared email does work

For the shared accounts (support departement) the from-name in the email is used by the system. When you use personal email account, the from-name is not used, I think the account holder name is used...
    > This is important for us as we send the emails as follows, From-name = 'Firstname Lastname | Company name'
    > As said above, this works for the shared account (suppprt), but not for the personal users
    > In both email accounts the name in the preferences has been added as 'Firstname Lastname | Company name'

Hi,
    FromName is not supported for Personal Email Account.

Comment

Hi, Thank you for your answer... Is this by design? and why? Because you are able to enter the FromName, it just does not use it...(I suppose)

Comment

There is no 'From Name' field in Personal Email Account.

Comment

Indeed, (ofcourse) you are right, but there is a 'Name' field... Presumed this was the FromName... At this moment we have fixed it by adding ' | Company Name' to the field 'Last Name' of the users... Ofcourse this is not so clean, as this also is added in all 'User lists' etc....

Is there a reason for not having a FromName? Should I add it to your Feature-requests forum?

Comment

In your own user Preferences this NAME field does not exist, however as administrator when you go to 'personal email accounts' and then edit an account, the field NAME exists (fyi)

Comment

It's just a name of a record.

It was supposed that usually From Name should be the same as Name of the user.

Comment

Yuri, maybe this could be a feature? (and moved to the feature section?). Could be handy...

Comment

Working...
                X