Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google maps

Hello,

has the problem of missing address transfer in Google Maps ever been solved? If yes, how? I mean the blue map section (centered in the Atlantic Ocean) after successful API connection.

best regards ...
    Last edited by Flupps; 08-07-2019, 06:57 PM.

Any idea?

Comment

I tried recently and it worked. Did you try with all address fields filled?

Comment

I think so, I tried different adress combinations. Is there a point I can see the data submitted to Google?

Comment

Originally posted by Flupps View Post
          I think so, I tried different adress combinations. Is there a point I can see the data submitted to Google?
          Okay, problem solved. The Geocoding API must also be activated. It is managed under additional APIs.

Comment

Hello, I have found the Google Maps API only seems to work when I view Espo in Edge. If I inspect using F12 in Edge I can see the API key was present in the string. On Chrome and Firefox Google maps don't load, with the message that indicates an API key wasn't present. If I inspect using F12 in Chrome or Firefox I see that the API wasn't present in the string.

So it seems:

- My API key is working - I get a map when viewing in Edge
            - Chrome and Fireworks aren't getting the API key passed to them when viewing Espo. Same experience on Chrome on Android.
            - Manually editing map.js by specifying the API key in the string around line 131 makes no difference to Chrome or Firefox - inspect still shows the API key wasn't present.

Has anyone seen this before?

Comment

Work for me on Firefox desktop and browser. Not sure about why you it varies by browser to browser for you.

Any log when you view it in Firefox/Chrome? Do you think it due to your Google API setting itself? I don't explore Google Maps API but I remember it was quite a hassle to allow certain domains and protocol (HTTPS and HTTP), I would assume that it might be similar to whitelisting for Browser as well (possible?). However, consider Chrome belong to Google, I think they would auto-whitelist all Chrome browser.

Not sure sure at this stage, perhaps a change in Browser (default setting), or Clear Cache/Backend might help.

Comment

Hi espcrm thank for the reply, this was really weird; the permissions on my config.php file has got messed up (reset to root), once I changed it back to the www user it resolved the issue. What is very weird is why it was working with Edge but not the other browsers. But working ok now so all good

Comment

Working...
                X