THIS IS A SERIOUS BUG - Deleting from import log deletes everything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THIS IS A SERIOUS BUG - Deleting from import log deletes everything

I discovered this bug the hard way (deleted half of my db), I have recovered from backup since.

I can reproduce this on demo site and espocloud.com. Below there is an animated GIF of me reproducing it on the demo instance (sorry for english but it would always show in italian).

I think this is a severe bug because it's not rare to delete wrong imports...

Here is the bug reproduced on http://demo.espocrm.com/basic/ (log in as admin)

Let's say I imported some Leads (I used the attached file for the dummy import) and now I want to delete them.

1.Go to any Import Log with imported entities.
    2. Open the list of imported items instead of clicking the revert button.
    3. Select all the results
    4. Actions ► Remove
    5. Answer 'Yes' to the confirmation dialog. We selected the imported items, after all.
    6. Congratulations! All the leads have been removed.

I only confirmed this for Leads. I don't know if it happens also for the Duplicates list.
    I believe this is happening because no filter is set in the mass delete api call, that in turn is probably caused by some view misconfiguration.

I understand that the correct flow should be to click the 'Revert Import' button, but if something is clickable it will eventually be clicked by someone (me in this case).

Attached Files
    Last edited by tothewine; 01-20-2019, 06:20 PM.

Will be fixed tomorrow. We should have disabled All results mass actions for relationship panels.

Comment

Ok, good. A tip if you are editing the Import Log page... I would find extremely convenient to put the imported count in the top part of th page, next to status. Instead now I have to scroll the page. It may be useful especially with cron-based imports.

Comment

You can place the pointer over Show More button and it will should the number of imported records.

Comment

Originally posted by yurikuzn View Post
          You can place the pointer over Show More button and it will should the number of imported records.
          Yeah but both that and the duplicate cound are at the bottom of the page. Imho, having it mirrored in the first section would have better usability (no scrolling for example).

Comment

Working...
          X