Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem Upgrading on shared server

Hi,
    I am using OVH to host my website, with basic features (shared hosting).
    When trying to migrate from espo 5.4.0 to 5.4.1, I got the following Error:

[2018-09-18 10:05:45] Espo.ERROR: Fault to rebuild database schema. Details: Unknown database type enum requested, Espo\Core\Utils\Database\DBAL\Platforms\MySqlPlatf orm may not support it. [] []
    [2018-09-18 10:05:45] Espo.ERROR: Database rebuild failure, details: Error while rebuilding database. See log file for details.. [] []
    [2018-09-18 10:05:45] Espo.ERROR: API [POST]:/:controller/action/:action, Params:Array ( [controller] => Admin [action] => runUpgrade ) , InputData: {"id":"5ba0cdf072259"} - Error occurred while EspoCRM rebuild. [] []
    [2018-09-18 10:05:45] Espo.ERROR: Display Error: Error occurred while EspoCRM rebuild., Code: 500 URL: /api/v1/Admin/action/runUpgrade [] []

Is there a workaround to migrate up? (other than upgrading locally and uploading everything back again on the server...)

Thanks.

The upgrade process works fine for me, perhaps it's a limitation of your hosting provider. Do you see this error while upgrade or after upgrade?
    Job Offers and Requests

Comment

Hi Tarasm,

This can happen when upgrade is been done while users are are still in the system. Without the ability to lock down the system from user access, we were encountering the following messy problems when we upgrade, perform backups or customise fields and layouts:

(1) DB tables were getting messed up if the that specific table structure is altered in an upgrade
      (2) Tables and Espocrm core folders do not synchronize
      (3) Potential restore problems from backups.

This has become a critical security issue and must be addressed by Espocrm. Additionally, idle time lockout is missing in the system. That means a person can turn off the terminal with login still in effect. These are basic but critical security any system should have.

I have raised this before and got a wishy-washy answer that other CRM solutions do not provide these. I always believe that "I dont have to be stupid because my classmate is stupid".

I hope these will be addressed soon.

Comment

Working...
      X