Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FULLTEXT search problem

Hi,
    it seems that there is a bug when adding new fields to the fulltext indexing of an entity.
    In fact, I noticed that whenever the field was encoded as "utf8mb4_unicode_ci", EspoCRM failed rebuilding.
    However, if everything is "utf8_unicode_ci", then I am able to add as many FULLTEXT indices as I want.

I am using MariaDB 10, php 5.6

Thanks.

Hi,

Please check this link: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/bug-...o-report-a-bug

Comment

What's in log?

We officially don't support MariaDB, nevertheless we tested fulltext there and it worked.

Comment

Rebuild database fault: exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1283 Column 'description' cannot be part of FULLTEXT index
        Well, it works, but only after going to phpmyadmin to change the encoding of the specific field, which was created automatically as "utf8mb4_unicode_ci".

Basically, if that helps, even when trying to add the index manually within phpMyAdmin interface, it actually replaces the default fulltext index (on "name"), except if I switch back to "utf8_unicode_ci" encoding.

Comment

I highly recommend using utf8mb4_unicode_ci for text/varchar fields.

Do you have only one field in text filters?

Comment

... And now, it works fine on other entities, without changing anything :s ...

To answer your question: by default yes: name, and then I want to add more fields, like description and more.

I have to dig deeper into how to reproduce this, because now everything seems to be fine.

Comment

Working...
            X