Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation extremely overloaded

Hi,

We notice our espocrm installation is heavily bloated. We deleted all emails and scheduled the clean-up to run immediately. After a few cleanup runs we notice there is no significant change to the size. Our current installation is 1.2GB and seems to be growing fast.

As an experiment, we deleted the folder \data\upload and the size dropped to 43MB. We are using latest version.

(1) Is there a bug in the clean-up job?
    (2) What is contained in the data\upload folder?
    (3) How do we cleanup this folder?

just tested, it works.
    Upload folder contains attachments, export & import files, extensions, upgrades,and others.
    EspoCRM – Open Source CRM Application. Contribute to espocrm/espocrm development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Hi Tanya,

Thank you for the quick reply. I did go through the code before. Please review and advise on the following:

(1) I deleted all the emails which had attachments and after the clean-up the size reduced from 1.2gb to 1.15gb. which is really insignificant.
      (2) How do i delete export, import, extensions, upgrades and others? There is nothing in the system that allows me to do this.
      (3) How do I delete mass mails sent in campaigns?

Thank you.

Comment

for removing 'Export File', 'Mail Merge', 'Mass Pdf' attachments using cleanupAttachmentsPeriod
        extensions, upgrades are never deleted with cron.
        you can not store sent emails in mass email

Comment

Hi,

Did some investigation. Our installation gets overloaded due to the attachments in the email. These attachments are stored in data\upload folder. The problem is see is that when the emails are deleted the "deleted" field in the email table is set to 1 but the related attachment in the attachment table is not marked as deleted. I am guessing that the cleanup job only cleans the deleted emails but not the attachment causing the installation to bloated.

Suggestions is to provide a feature in the email module to delete the email permanently. When selected, the email and its attachments are all deleted immediately and physically.

Comment

Working...
          X