Full Text Search not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Text Search not working

Hi, I have just upgraded my dev system to 5.3.0 as I wanted to try out the full text search.

I have enabled this on the Contacts table but whenever I try and search for anything I get "Bad Server Response" error.

When I dig into .../data/logs/espo=2-18-07-10.log the error is:

Code:
    [2018-07-10 07:06:33] Espo.ERROR: API [GET]:/:controller, Params:Array (     [controller] => Contact ) , InputData:  - S
    QLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1191 Can't find FULLTEXT index matching the column list [] []
    [2018-07-10 07:06:33] Espo.ERROR: Display Error: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1191 Can't find FULLTEXT index matching
     the column list, Code: HY000 URL: /espo_dev/api/v1/Contact?select=salutationName%2CfirstName%2ClastName%2Cname%2Caccoun
    tId%2CaccountName%2CemailAddressIsOptedOut%2CemailAddress%2CemailAddressData%2CphoneNumber%2CphoneNumberData&maxSize=20&
    offset=0&sortBy=createdAt&asc=false&where%5B0%5D%5Btype%5D=textFilter&where%5B0%5D%5Bvalue%5D=oggs [] []
    The output from
    Code:
    mysql --version
    is
    Code:
    mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.22, for Linux (x86_64) using  EditLine wrapper
    Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Note that I don't have Cron running for this environment, don't know if that is an issue.

Comment

https://github.com/espocrm/documenta...ll-text-search
      " Mysql 5.5 doesn't support full-text search for InnoDB tables. 5.6.4 and later versions do support."

Could be this.

I suppose that you run rebuild.

Comment

Ok, the version of MySQL is 5.7.22 i believe (see mysql --version above).

When you say "rebuild", I assume you mean the "rebuild" option in the "Administration" menu. If that is the case, then yes I have done this.

All of my tables are InnoDB.

The error text says "... Can't find FULLTEXT index matching the column list ..." When I look at the indices on the table there are no FULLTEXT ones, only BTREE. It seems that they are not being created for some reason.

Comment

Could print a result of the following MySQL query:
          Code:
          [URL="https://admin.espocloud.eu/phpm/url.php?url=http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/show-create-table.html"]SHOW[/URL] [URL="https://admin.espocloud.eu/phpm/url.php?url=http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/show-create-table.html"]CREATE[/URL] [URL="https://admin.espocloud.eu/phpm/url.php?url=http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/show-create-table.html"]TABLE[/URL] `email`
          Job Offers and Requests

Comment

I have done some more digging ...

I enabled cron on the dev box and now have the following text in my .../data/logs/... file
            Code:
            [2018-07-10 08:20:39] Espo.ERROR: API [GET]:/:controller, Params:Array (     [controller] => Contact ) , InputData:  - SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1191 Can't find FULLTEXT index matching the column list [] []
            [2018-07-10 08:20:39] Espo.ERROR: Display Error: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1191 Can't find FULLTEXT index matching the column list, Code: HY000 URL: /espo_dev/api/v1/Contact?select=salutationName%2CfirstName%2ClastName%2Cname%2CaccountId%2CaccountName%2CemailAddressIsOptedOut%2CemailAddress%2CemailAddressData%2CphoneNumber%2CphoneNumberData&maxSize=20&offset=0&sortBy=createdAt&asc=false&where%5B0%5D%5Btype%5D=textFilter&where%5B0%5D%5Bvalue%5D=oggs [] []
            [2018-07-10 08:20:41] Espo.ERROR: API [GET]:/:controller, Params:Array (     [controller] => Contact ) , InputData:  - SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1191 Can't find FULLTEXT index matching the column list [] []
            [2018-07-10 08:20:41] Espo.ERROR: Display Error: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1191 Can't find FULLTEXT index matching the column list, Code: HY000 URL: /espo_dev/api/v1/Contact?select=salutationName%2CfirstName%2ClastName%2Cname%2CaccountId%2CaccountName%2CemailAddressIsOptedOut%2CemailAddress%2CemailAddressData%2CphoneNumber%2CphoneNumberData&maxSize=20&offset=0&sortBy=createdAt&asc=false&where%5B0%5D%5Btype%5D=textFilter&where%5B0%5D%5Bvalue%5D=oggs [] []
            [2018-07-10 09:57:58] Espo.WARNING: Utf8mb4: FAILED executing the query - [ALTER TABLE `email`   CHANGE COLUMN `body_plain` `body_plain` mediumtext  CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci;], details: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1283 Column 'body_plain' cannot be part of FULLTEXT index. [] []
            [2018-07-10 09:57:58] Espo.WARNING: Utf8mb4: FAILED executing the query - [ALTER TABLE `email`   CHANGE COLUMN `body` `body` mediumtext  CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci;], details: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1283 Column 'body' cannot be part of FULLTEXT index. [] []
            My reading of this is that it has problems creating the FULLTEXT index because of collation sequences on text fields. Not sure if that is true or how to resolve it.

I also remember that there was a scheduled job called "...mb4" that had a status of failed. This has since been cleaned up. Not sure if this is related.

Comment

If I look on the "email" table there is one FULLTEXT index on the fields: name, body_plain and body (this seems to have been created during the upgrade). They are all with a collation sequence of utf8_unicode_ci which is different to many of the other text fields in this table which have a collation of utf8mb4_unicode_mb4.

When looking at the contact table (which is the one where I turned on "full test" indexing within the application and did the re-build) there is no FULLTEXT index at all. There was also no error in the log file.

Comment

I would like to see your email schema, please print a result of the MySQL query:
                Code:
                [URL="https://admin.espocloud.eu/phpm/url.php?url=http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/show-create-table.html"]SHOW[/URL] [URL="https://admin.espocloud.eu/phpm/url.php?url=http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/show-create-table.html"]CREATE[/URL] [URL="https://admin.espocloud.eu/phpm/url.php?url=http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/show-create-table.html"]TABLE[/URL] `email`
                Job Offers and Requests

Comment

Sorry for the delay. Email table structure:
                  Code:
                  CREATE TABLE `email` (
                    `id` varchar(24) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL,
                    `name` varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    `deleted` tinyint(1) DEFAULT '0',
                    `from_name` varchar(255) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    `from_string` varchar(255) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    `reply_to_string` varchar(255) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    `is_replied` tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                    `message_id` varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    `message_id_internal` varchar(300) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    `body_plain` mediumtext COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci,
                    `body` mediumtext COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci,
                    `is_html` tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',
                    `status` varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT 'Archived',
                    `has_attachment` tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                    `date_sent` datetime DEFAULT NULL,
                    `delivery_date` datetime DEFAULT NULL,
                    `created_at` datetime DEFAULT NULL,
                    `modified_at` datetime DEFAULT NULL,
                    `is_system` tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                    `from_email_address_id` varchar(24) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    `parent_id` varchar(24) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    `parent_type` varchar(100) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    `created_by_id` varchar(24) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    `sent_by_id` varchar(24) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    `modified_by_id` varchar(24) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    `assigned_user_id` varchar(24) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    `replied_id` varchar(24) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    `account_id` varchar(24) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    `address_name_map` longtext CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci,
                    PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
                    KEY `IDX_E7927C74D445573A` (`from_email_address_id`),
                    KEY `parent` (`parent_id`,`parent_type`),
                    KEY `IDX_E7927C74B03A8386` (`created_by_id`),
                    KEY `IDX_E7927C74A45BB98C` (`sent_by_id`),
                    KEY `IDX_E7927C7499049ECE` (`modified_by_id`),
                    KEY `IDX_E7927C74ADF66B1A` (`assigned_user_id`),
                    KEY `IDX_E7927C74B4E994E0` (`replied_id`),
                    KEY `IDX_E7927C749B6B5FBA` (`account_id`),
                    KEY `IDX_EMAIL_DATE_SENT` (`date_sent`,`deleted`),
                    KEY `IDX_EMAIL_DATE_SENT_STATUS` (`date_sent`,`status`,`deleted`),
                    KEY `IDX_E7927C74537A1329` (`message_id`),
                    FULLTEXT KEY `IDX_SYSTEM_FULL_TEXT_SEARCH` (`name`,`body_plain`,`body`)
                  ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci
                  Not sure if this is two un-related issues.

The error with the "email" table was [I believe] triggered by the upgrade. I also have no emails in this database.

The issue that triggered this post was because I cannot do a search on Contact (with 4+ characters) once I have enabled "full-text search". Interestingly the search with only 3 characters works fine, I am guessing different code paths.

For reference here is the structure of `Contact` after I have enabled the feature and done the rebuild:
                  Code:
                  CREATE TABLE `contact` (
                    `id` varchar(24) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL,
                    `deleted` tinyint(1) DEFAULT '0',
                    `salutation_name` varchar(255) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    `first_name` varchar(100) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    `last_name` varchar(100) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    `account_id` varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    `description` longtext CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci,
                    `do_not_call` tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                    `address_street` varchar(255) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    `address_city` varchar(255) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    `address_state` varchar(255) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    `address_country` varchar(255) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    `address_postal_code` varchar(255) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    `created_at` datetime DEFAULT NULL,
                    `modified_at` datetime DEFAULT NULL,
                    `campaign_id` varchar(24) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    `created_by_id` varchar(24) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    `modified_by_id` varchar(24) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    `assigned_user_id` varchar(24) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
                    PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
                    KEY `IDX_4C62E6389B6B5FBA` (`account_id`),
                    KEY `IDX_4C62E638F639F774` (`campaign_id`),
                    KEY `IDX_4C62E638B03A8386` (`created_by_id`),
                    KEY `IDX_4C62E63899049ECE` (`modified_by_id`),
                    KEY `IDX_4C62E638ADF66B1A` (`assigned_user_id`),
                    KEY `IDX_CONTACT_FIRST_NAME` (`first_name`,`deleted`),
                    KEY `IDX_CONTACT_NAME` (`first_name`,`last_name`),
                    KEY `IDX_CONTACT_ASSIGNED_USER` (`assigned_user_id`,`deleted`),
                    KEY `IDX_CREATED_AT` (`created_at`,`deleted`)
                  ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci

Comment

Please try to upgrade to version 5.3.2.
                    Job Offers and Requests

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I have done the following:
                      1. Upgraded to 5.3.2
                      2. Rebuilt the database
                      3. I was still getting "Bad Server Response" errors and log file entries referencing FULLTEXT
                      4. I disabled the "Full-Text Search" check box on Contact
                      5. Did a rebuild
                      6. Enabled the check box on Contact
                      7. Did a rebuild
                      Still not working.

When I look at the table definition for contact, there are 10 BTREE indexes (as above) and no FULLTEXT ones.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

It's a bug. We are working on fixing it. It will work if you add some additional fields to search in Contact (Entity Manager).
                        Job Offers and Requests

Comment

Ah, ok. I just tried what you said (i.e. included an extra field to search on) then did a rebuild and it worked. No more errors and when I look in the database there is a FULLTEXT index.

I will wait for the fix as this is only my dev system.

Thanks for all the help.

Comment

This all seems to be working fine in 5.3.3. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Does anyone have full text search working on MariaDB? We are on 10.3.8-MariaDB?

Comment

Working...
                              X