Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Calendar Sync - looping error and google api quota exceeded

Hi,

I just noticed that my espo error logs were bloated with tens of thousands of "Google Calendar Sync Error - Rate Limit Exceeded" entries. After some digging and debugging I found that it loops on the error when in an EspoCRM entry of entity type "Call" there are no "endDate" specified. This makes Google Calendar API unhappy.

I think this does not happen when you create a Call manually (as this creates end dates automatically) but it can happen if you create the Call using a Workflow, which was my case. In my initial Workflow, I only specified the "startDate" in the "Create new entity" action. This results in a Call without an "endDate", even if a default duration is set.

What I did to solve the problem was to add an end date in my Workflow and I also created an additional Workflow which sets a default end date if it is empty when the Call is created. I guess I am safe like this but I believe it would be good to fix this in a later release so that other users do not face the issue --> having your Google API request quota filled is not nice, you could miss other entries sync because of that. Also, it consumes resources needlessly and it's not really an obvious issue to spot for a user who is not familiar with server side debugging. He could even never notice it.

Hope this helps the community and EspoCRM devs, great product overall, really !

Cheers,
    H

Ok,
    thank you,
    we will fix it.

Comment

Is the problem solved ?

I have a problem, too. How can I match calendars here with a Google calendar? https://www.dreamcalendars.com/calendar/2020
      Last edited by helenaorstem; 10-21-2019, 01:54 PM. Reason: question

Comment

yuri I'm with this SAME PROBLEM! How to fix it?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X