Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side panel order bug

Hello,

I have had this issue since version 4.8.4 and I have tried to find a resolution before but I haven't been able to solve it. I am an Apple Mac user and when I used Espo in Safari on the Mac (and on iPhone/iPad) the side panels in the Cases entity appear in a different order which has the Activities panel above the main info panel that is usually at the top which you can see in the attached screenshot. It only happens with Cases and doesn't happen when I open cases on the Espo demo site. Cases is the only entity I have added extra fields to so the Overview left side panel is bigger than it would be on a standard install, the changes I have made to the fields were all done via the Entity and Layout managers so I haven't manually changed any code of my Espo insallation.

If someone could please help me to resolve this issue it would be very much appreciated, it has been bugging me for a long time.

Many thanks,
    Attached Files

it is hard to reproduce, if it happens only with your instance...
    could you create a copy of your crm, remove custom folder, clear cache, and check the order of panels.
    also try to install the newest version and check the order

Comment

Hi Tanya, sorry about the slow reply and thanks for your reply.

I have installed the latest versions, I always keep it up to date, but there is no difference. I will do as you suggest and create a copy of the crm install and test, but can you just confirm if I need to use a copy of the database or can the test CRM access the same database? Obviously I will have a backup of the database...

Thanks
      Last edited by minbar; 06-05-2018, 12:37 PM.

Comment

What if you install a new version on your host? Does empty crm have the same problem with side panel order?

Comment

I’ll try that first and let you know, might not be until next week now though. Thanks..

Comment

Hi Tanya, I just wanted to let you know that I have tried setting up a clean install on the same server, created a case and the side panels are in the correct order. My live install is also running 5.2.5 but that latest update hasn't solved the side panel order problem. Just for your info I am running Ubuntu Server 16.04 on the Google Cloud Platform.

Comment

Do you have any code modification or only customization with Administration section?
              If only second, attach an archive, please , with content
              custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/layouts/Case
              custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/clientDefs

Comment

There has not been any code modification, the only modification has been done via the Administration section so I have attached the archive you asked for.
                Many thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

try to remove custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/layouts/Case/sidePanelsDetail.json
                  Also you can Clear Cache and refresh the page. Is something changed?

Comment

That seems to have fixed it Tanya... I renamed the file to "sidePanelsDetail.json.old" so do I need that file or can I remove it completely? If I don't need it why is it there?
                    Many thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X