Bounces not recognized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bounces not recognized

We sent a number of campaigns this and last week. Result: Bounces are not recognized. They are fetched from the mailbox but are not in the campaign dashboard.
    This is not good for a CRM which strength is supposed to be in email handling.

Is there any idea how to get it to work?

1. Any examples of bounced emails please.
    2. Are bounced emails received from different mail servers?
    3. Are bounced email fetched by group email account? Note that personal email accounts don't process bounced emails.

We do send mass mail regulary and get bounced messages logged in crm.
    Last edited by yuri; 01-31-2018, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the fast answer - see my answer below your points:

1. Any examples of bounced emails please.

-> I copy you one here:

This is the mail system at host XXX.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
      be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
      delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<XXX.XX@XXX.io>: unknown user: "XXX.XX@XXX.io"

2. Are bounced emails received from different mail servers?

-> I am not sure what you mean.

a) We send to different organizations, so there are different mail servers we get the bounces from, if you mean this.

b) In the CRM we have one group account. The SMTP of the group account is always used.

3. Are bounced email fetched by group email account? Note that personal email accounts don't process bounced emails.

Yes and no. In the first run bounces were sent to the personal account as it is really bad documented that bounces do not work on personal accounts.

As a solution we moved all bounces from he personal account to the group email account (marked as unread -> move to folder) with an email client.

Group inbox indexes these emails, but it is not matched to the campaign.

Comment

Could you also provide a From Name of some bounced emails. Is there 'MAILER-DAEMON' or 'POSTMASTER' text?

Handling bounces is not an easy job since different mail server providers tend to deviate from standards.

There also must be the header X-QueueItemId in bounced email that allows us to know which email the bounced email is related to. If there is no that header bounced email can't be handled. Some providers might not add this header in bounced email.
        Last edited by yuri; 01-31-2018, 10:15 AM.

Comment

I wish this was an option in espo... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variab...pe_return_path

Comment

Working...
          X