Dynamic Logic OR Statements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic Logic OR Statements

I am trying to get fields to show or hide based on a field the user selects, which is a relationship field tieing it to another entity.

I can get this to work with a single choice matches the criteria. However, if I attempt to use an OR statement, it will not work.

This is being used for a local fire department (that I am an officer on). We have 8 different vehicles (or apparatus). I am making an online system to perform vehicle safety checks. Each vehicle has common and unique items to check. Some share items, some don't. What I need is a OR statement. Let me explain.

Here is the setup.

On the Dynamic Logic, Conditions making field visible, I click Edit.

I have:

So when the user selects the apparatus 817-1, the a set of fields show up. This does work.

However, if I need the field to show up for more than one vehicle (apparatus), I can't get the OR statement to work.

In the editor, I have this:

When I click apply, the logic shows as this:

Conditions making field visible

(
    Linked Apparatus = 817-1
    AND
    (
    Linked Apparatus = Engine 1
    )
    )

That AND should be an OR. In the editor, it's an OR.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Originally I had this setup where the vehicles were in a simple array field and the conditions used the IN argument. However, when you try to set this up using a linked relationship field, the IN condition is not present.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

see some example how to do "or" logic

Comment

Perfect. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X