Removing Entities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Entities

I have created an entity called "Commission" and I have also created a many to many relationship with "Contact" On the database I now i have two tables "commission" and "contact_commission" I then delete the "Commission" entity but I still have the tables on the database. When I go into the contact the relationship is not there. I now need to recreate the contact entities and is not letting me. How can I fix this?

Hi
    "recreate the contact entities and is not letting me". All contacts have to be available. What problem do you have? Check log file. Did you remove from contact layouts field or panel "Commissions"?

Comment

I am having a problem deleting relationships and fields. I delete them from the entity and the layout, but when I go into the table they are still there. How do you synch your entities to the tables? I don't want all the extra fields.

Comment

Removing of field / entity doesn't remove column / table from db. Delete columns and tables from db manually.

Comment

• telecastg
          telecastg commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes apparently this is an issue that hasn't been resolved and there's no timetable to address it. "Removing" entities from the Administration panel, in addition of not removing or altering tables, doesn't really clean up other effects in different scripts.

Removing a field in entity manager which is used in metadata/entityDefs/ "orderBy" the columns will not be removed from OrderBy statement which ends up in HTTP 500 accessing the entity. In the log ...

• tothewine
          tothewine commented
          Editing a comment
          That's very annoying when recreating the database from custom folder and trying to import from old instance... :\

• telecastg
          telecastg commented
          Editing a comment
          I suggested as possible solution to provide the ability to create Modules from the Administration panel and to encapsulate everything related to this "Module" the same way that extensions are implemented, instead of dumping everything into the "Custom" module as it is currently implemented.

Hopefully this or a better solution is something that the development team will consider.
      Working...
      X