Import Doesn't Recognize Deleted Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import Doesn't Recognize Deleted Records

Reported by a customer: When importing over already deleted records (deleted = 1) the deleted ones are treated as if they were still active - hence a second import (create) of the same records won't yield any result even though the user believes there weren't any records in the system any more.
    Typical case: user imports (incl. ID), makes a mistake and rather than reversing the import he deletes all imported records and starts over. The second import won't do anything.
    ------------------
    Robert Laussegger
    iscon group
    http://www.iscongroup.net
    mailto://info@iscongroup.net

Revert Import should delete imported entries from database

Comment

Correct. But deleted records shouldn't be considered active nonetheless. After a purge they are gone for good and then the import works again. Meaning (from the user's perspective): same action, two different results.
      ------------------
      Robert Laussegger
      iscon group
      http://www.iscongroup.net
      mailto://info@iscongroup.net

Comment

It's a technical issue. We can force it to delete entry with deleted = 1 before import entry with the same id.

Comment

I've been trying to import a few times because I've had bad results with my files, etc. Now I am getting 0 records on my import, running 4.3 beta2. Is it possible that I am running into this issue? If so, how can I go about purging my database? Completely. Im still in initial setup mode, not really operational.

Comment

What do you mean with your
            I've had bad results with my files
            ?
            These imports have imported any records? Check log files (espo and apache), please.

Comment

Unlikely it's caused by id existing in database. You can check what you have in database using application like phpmyadmin

Comment

Working...
              X