Email can not be deleted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email can not be deleted

Since upgradiung to 4.2.2 and today to 4.2.3 it is impossible to delete any email in any folder. It was no problem before 4.2.2

Any ideas?

Best regards
    Oliver

What the error do you see at the top of screen? Is it Access Denied error? What access user has? You can check it at user's page by clicking Access button.

Comment

If trying to delete only 1 message it shows NO MESSAGES ARE DELETED

If trying to delete multiple selected messages it shows BAD SERVER RESPONSE

The user has the rights to delete his own emails.

Loggin in as admin with all rights, I receive the same error messages, but the emails are deleted. So I see a certain problem in the routine of deleting emails. The messages are available independent from the user, but only being an admin they are deleted anyway.

Comment

Can you check data/logs if there is any error. It should be logged after bad server response.

It could be also that it's not deleted because this email has another user in from, to, cc. Only user with "all" or "team" level can remove such emails. It's new feature of the latest release. It's supposed that user can only move to trash such emails.

But Bad Server Response is another issue and would be great to sort it out.

Thanks.
        Last edited by yuri; 08-19-2016, 02:57 PM.

Comment

I will check over the weekend.

Many thanks so far!
          Oliver

Comment

Hi Yurikuzn,

we generated the log, but we have so much data, we do not find anything reasonable. What exact phrase (maybe BAD SERVER RESPONSE) do we need to look for to provide you the respective information and not tons of data.

Oliver

Comment

Hi,

There should be word "error"

Comment

checked this file: attachment

Here we see no message related to our problem.
                Attached Files

Comment

BTW. Did you try 4.2.4 release? It's possible that your issue will be solved. I hope so.

Comment

Jap - have seen it. Will do it tonight.

Comment

Made the update - problem still persists. No helpful entries in the LOG file. Bad Server Error is gone, but the message NO MESSAGE DELETED is still there and no message is deleted as well. Logged in as ADMIN I am able to remove Emails now, but not as a regular user, even the role and team allows it.

Comment

I found, that if changing the users permission to delete Emails from OWN to TEAM it is possible to delete Emails. Keeping OWN as permission I am not able to delete any Email.

Comment

Did you try an email where only the current user is a person email sent to. I mean there are no other users in from, to, cc. And this email must be imported from a personal email account. Such emails should be able to be removed even with OWN level.

That was made to prevent situation when user has removed email but another user, this email was sent to, didn't want to remove that email.

Comment

Yeah, that works. BUT:

1) scenario: USER has 3 personal Email-Accounts
                            2) sometimes Spam and other bullshit arrive on these accounts - no other person is mentioned here in CC od BCC

=> these mails that have been fetched from the IMAP account can not be deleted. SPAM and nonsense has not to have Team Status.

Comment

In this case user can only move to trash.

Comment

Working...
                              X