Mass Update for Assigned Users Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass Update for Assigned Users Bug

I'm running EspoCRM 4.0.4. I have set up a non-administrative user assigned to a Team and Role with assignment, user and portal permissions set to "no." This user's Create, Read, Edit, and Delete permissions for Accounts, Contacts and Leads are set to "yes," "team," "team," and "no." This user's Create, Read, Edit, and Delete permissions for Opportunities are set to "yes," "own," "own," and "no." For the Teams field in each of the Accounts, Contacts, Leads and Opportunities entities, Read is set to "yes" and Edit is set to "no."

When logged in as this non-administrative user, I can select all Accounts or Contacts and do a mass update for Assigned User. This pulls up the Accounts >> Mass Update or Contacts >> Mass Update panel, which shows "Assigned User -- None" instead of showing a drop-down list of available users. If I click "Update" in the panel, the non-administrative user is able to update the Assigned User for all selected accounts or contacts to "None," despite not having permission to make assignments or assign users. I think this may be a bug in the program.

This does not happen with Opportunities or Leads. For those entities, when I select all Opportunities or Leads and do a mass update for Assigned User, the Opportunities >> Mass Update or Leads >> Mass Update panel shows a drop-down list of available users. If I select a user other than the non-administrative user and click "Update," a "No records were updated" message appears and the assigned user is not changed for any of the selected opportunities or leads. This appears to function correctly, based on my permission settings for the non-administrative user.

See the attached screenshots.
    Last edited by krisk; 03-31-2016, 11:04 PM.

Screen shots illustrating the problem.

Comment

Thank you for your help. It's really odd behavior. Will be fixed in the next release.
      Here is the fix: https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/c...531f910e693a43

Comment

Working...
      X