Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• default "Title" field for Contacts

Version 3.9.2

I added the field "Title" to the contact details layout.
    Either with a new contact, or editing an existing contact, the information added to the "Title" field does not stay.
    After hitting "save" , the information is there.
    If you leave that contact, and come back to it, the information is gone.

I created a custom field called "Title Position", and it works fine, my other custom fields work fine.
    Seems there's something wrong with this default field?

FYI, just updated to V 4.0.3, and the default "Title" still does the same thing. 4593
    Last edited by bkny; 03-18-2016, 06:11 PM.

Maybe title conflicts with title in accounts field. Try to replace accounts field with account.

Title works only if account is selected.

Comment

Originally posted by yurikuzn View Post
      Maybe title conflicts with title in accounts field. Try to replace accounts field with account.

Title works only if account is selected.

So if I'm not using "accounts" (which I am not) , than "Title" may not work?

I take "Title" to mean, the position of that person in the company.
      Is it being used for some other meaning ?

(hence my post "is there a user's manual" that explains the hierarchy and actual intent of such items and other top level items.)

TIA. 2597

Comment

You can just create another field of varchar type with label Title in Entity Manager and put it on the detail layout.

Comment

Originally posted by yurikuzn View Post
          You can just create another field of varchar type with label Title in Entity Manager and put it on the detail layout.
          Thank you for the reply, in my first post, as part of the trouble shooting and for my use , I did, but called it "Title Position" , so has not to possibly incur any conflicts, and it works great.. thank you for the reassurance.

Comment

Working...
          X