csv import accountId Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• csv import accountId Problem

Run into some trouble importing data and trying to keep the link between contacts and accounts.

Seems that csv import doesn't hash account id when importing contacts. Once finished they come up as undefined and don't link correctly.

Can't reproduce. Can you attach csv example here?

Comment

Sure. I imported accounts without any problems first. I am trying to keep the links between contacts and accounts from an old crm so I specified my own id when importing accounts.

The contacts csv I used originally has over 3000 records, but I get the same result with the sample here. I map the contact fields to id, accountId, Name, First Name, Last Name, Title.
      On the csv attached import completes successfully. On the original csv with 3000+ records it times out, but still loads them all ok.

Then they when looking in contact overview accounts come up as undefined. Link takes me account, but the address is Account/view/(unhashed number) so it doesn't find the record. In accounts I don't have any contacts coming up either. I'm on version 2.3.0

I'm having problems with attachment . That's the csv contents:

391,628, Mohammed Smith, Mohammed, Smith, CEO
      392,628, Ian Walker, Ian, Walker, CEO
      393,628, Ed Stevenson, Ed, Stevenson, CEO
      394,289, Donald Mitchel, Donald, Mitchel, CEO
      2400,262, Bruce O'Connell, Bruce, O'Connell, CEO
      2401,864, Oliver Anderson, Oliver, Anderson, CEO
      2402,864, Adrian Milton, Adrian, Milton, CEO
      2403,864, Basil Brown, Basil, Brown, CEO
      2404,864, Ann Wood, Ann, Wood, CEO
      2405,736, Marie-Jane Scott, Marie-Jane, CEO
      Last edited by marcinfr; 08-14-2014, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Seems Accounts created with new IDs rather than specified. Will fix this in the next release. Maybe tomorrow.

Thanks

Comment

Also you have spaces in your CSVs. That's not correct.

Comment

Thanks Yuri. Are the hashes DES by the way? Haven't had much time to look it up in the code.

Comment

Password hashed by MD5. Or what you asking about?

Comment

I mean the ids like the ones for contact and account. Are they numeric ids that you get hashed? Just wanted to try to hash that account_id column as a quick fix.

Comment

No. Just generated IDs. Not numeric.

Comment

Working...
                  X