Sent E-Mails with Attachments are not displayed correctly in Outlook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sent E-Mails with Attachments are not displayed correctly in Outlook

Hello, i hope i'm correct in this section.
    Otherwise may move.
    I have searched the complete forum and have found something about subjects and smileys, but that's not my issue.
    1) I have attached the e-mail text from my outlook. Unfortunately i had to remove the css part for that e-mail because the limit is 19kb.
    2) Reproduceable:
    - My E-Mail host is an Exchange Server, but i IMAP my E-Mails to EspoCRM which works pretty well (even though i would prefer an Activesync System).
    - When i'm sending an E-Mail from EspoCRM Client to somebody (in that case my private e-mail) and i'm not using any attachement, the e-mail in my sent items in outlook is displayed correctly (see screenshot 1). If i do the same with an attachment and check my sent items in outlook, the e-mail has cryptic characters in it. In my case it tried it with special characters, but it doesn't actually matter, because i found english e-mails that have the same issue (See Screenshot 3). If i do not use any attachment, everything works well as expected. I'm using Outlook 2019 and Outlook Office 365. So it's not related to the Version of Outlook.

3) Espo Version is 8.1.4
    4) PHP Version is 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14
    5) DB is MariaDB 11.1.2

Just to add: On the client Side (e.g. my Smartphone or PC), the received e-mail is always displayed correctly. Also when i check the sent items in espocrm it's well formatted and correct.

Any Ideas, Suggestions or Solutions that i've overseen or i can test?
    Attached Files

I could not reproduce, sending to outlook.live.com.

Tried HTML, Plain Text emails with 1 attachment.

It's important to knw whether your send HTML or Plain Text emails from Espo.

Comment

i use html. Remember it's not the received message in outlook.live.com or whereever.
      1) Open EspoCRM
      2) Compose E-Mail in EspoCRM (not with external client)
      3) Send E-Mail that has attachment and use HTML
      4) Open Outlook
      5) Go to Sent Items (in my case the folder is SendCRM)

In the meanwhile i'll try the same with plain text. I can make you a video for better explanation, but can't post it here as it might contain private data.

Comment

So the problem is only with emails synced with Outlook via IMAP? Personal Email Account > {Your Account} > Store Sent Emails.

Comment

The problem is only with e-mails that have attachements and are sent as html.
          Just tested it again and it's not on the receipent site,
          it's just on the sender site. the receipent does not see these characters.
          my exchange provider supports outlook anywhere, smtp, pop3, imap, ews and activesync.

Comment

"and check my sent items in outlook"
            "Go to Sent Items (in my case the folder is SendCRM)"

This means it's not a sent email, it's an email synced with Outlook via IMAP.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	9.0 KB ID:	102803

Comment

• yuri
              yuri commented
              Editing a comment
              It could be a problem in the Laminas library. The same Message object is sent via SMTP well, but has the encoding issue when pushed via IMAP.

That means there is no fix for that? Are you in their community to hint it to them so they may fix that? Would be appreciated. Thank you anyway for your great support. Highly appreciated.

Comment

I need to investigate the problem more deep first. Not yet sure. If it's the problem only with "Stored via IMAP' emails, then it's an insignificant issue, as recipient receives a proper email.

Comment

I could not reproduce. Stored on IMAP sent emails don't have issue with encoding. Emails are with attachments.

Comment

I am having the exact same issue:
                  Mail sent from Espo-CRM with Attachment via Outlook365 Account, in Sent Mails (Outlook) it looks weird, the receiver sees the correct version - see screenshots attached.

Any further ideas, where to investigate?

Comment

Working...
                  X