• PDF Templates: Date format helper #1502
    • PDF Templates: Checkbox tag #1525
    • PDF Templates: Ability to define custom helpers #1524
    • PDF Templates: imageTag helper #1520
    • PDF Templates: totalPageNumber footer placeholder #1546
    • Link Manager: Children-to-Parent support #1530
    • Link Manager: One-to-One support #1511
    • Mass Email: VERP support #1560
    • Tracking URLs: Ability to show message instead of redirecting to URL #1549
    • Foreign field: Support 'Array', 'Multi-Enum', 'Checklist' field
    • Foreign field: Support 'Currency Converted' fields
    • Foreign field: Support one-to-one relationship #1549
    • New notification number in title #1539
    • Multiple dynamic handlers support #1559
    • Person Name field: Middle name support #1557
    • Settings: 'Person Name Format' parameter #1553
    • Portal Users tab #1552
    • Emails: Sending draft from list view
    • Formula: record\relationColumn & record\updateRelationColumn functions #1527
    • Formula: string\pad function #1523
    • Currency Rates API #1508
    • Opportunities: Primary contact #1501
    • Iframe dashlet #1500
    • Address field: Ability to view map in modal dialog #1498
    • Administration: List of all email addresses stored in system #1488
    • Administration: List of all phone numbers stored in system #1489

Improvements:
    • Convert Lead: Duplicate check #1422
    • Mass Email: Reply-To address is taken from group email account if it's empty
    • Stream: Entries about sent & received emails for portal users #1515

All issues: https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/m...ne/79?closed=1
    Last edited by yuri; 03-10-2020, 10:24 AM.

Thank you Yuri .. always great
    Best Regard

Comment

Wow, update! Thanks yuri , great job
      I've already upgraded my EspoCRM

Comment

Thanks yuri , very good update.

May you explain what is the difference between
        one-to-one and Children-to-Parent?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rodrigocoelho View Post
          Thanks yuri , very good update.

May you explain what is the difference between
          one-to-one and Children-to-Parent?

Thanks
          Just found it. Children-to-Parent is not relation between 2 objects only. we can select different objects. Amazing.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks yuri look forward to learn and apply these excellent improvements.

Comment

Just found out that my hosting service siteground.com doesn't have yet MySql 5.7 and no timeline to support it, any suggestions on other providers and has anyone installed EspoCRM on Azure or Amazon AWS ? I am considering migrating to cloud services.

Comment

• telecastg
              telecastg commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks item

• jflores
              jflores commented
              Editing a comment
              telecastg we host both our staging and production installs on AWS. We haven't had any issues other than when we had to upgrade because we outgrew our initial EC2 instance. Still, with backups, it was pretty easy to migrate.

There is also a Bitnami install that is pretty close to 1-click install that we used for another client who saw our CRM and thought it could be helpful for their business.

As far as server management is concerned, the biggest issue I've had is getting websockets to work, but otherwise, it's been pretty easy to manage and I'm not a server guy in the least.

• telecastg
              telecastg commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks jflores, I ended up signing with a provider for a shared server.... I know, hardly the best choice but I am really really not good at configuring or managing servers.

I do plan to learn more about AWS and cloud technology in general, thanks for the advice.

I wish you had given us some advance notice that you were no longer going to support MySQL 5.6. I was surprised when I got this:

% php command.php upgrade

Current version is 5.7.11.

EspoCRM will be upgraded to version 5.8.0 now. Enter [Y] to continue.
            Y
            Downloading...
            Upgrading... This may take a while...

Error: Your MySQL version is not supported. Please upgrade MySQL to a newer version (5.7.0 or later).

Comment

• item
              item commented
              Editing a comment
              Compatibility:
              Drop MySQL 5.6 support

is on the top of this thread

I don't check the forum before I update. I guess I should have. Not that big a deal. We'll talk to our ISP to see about having them do this upgrade to our server. Thanks.

Comment

Look like I'm in the same position too, my host MySQL is also 5.6 only, specifically: 5.6.41-84.1.

I guess that is the only problem from what I seen, PHP 7.1.14 should be OK right? It just mean it "Drop Support" or is it more like, "Requirements"?

Does anyone know any Shared Hosting where they are more update to date with some of their software? Such as MySQL version that isn't 5.6 only.

---

Now more on the release itself, there quite a few thing that is of interest to me, but need to use it before can talk about it.
              • Person Name field: Middle name support
              Finally I can remove this field.

---

Just tried to update, I got an error when I tried mine: Your PHP version (7.1.14) is not supported. Required version: >=7.2.0.

Look like this page need to be update ( https://www.espocrm.com/download/ ) as it is the requirement now to be PHP 7.2 and MySQL 5.7.

---

I am bitter at the moment. Need to find new Host.
              Last edited by espcrm; 02-04-2020, 02:02 AM.

Comment

• yuri
                yuri commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry for a confusion. I just copied issue names from github. In this context some names are confusing.

• yuri
                yuri commented
                Editing a comment
                It's a shame that so many hosting providers keep their environment outdated. I recommend to stay away from such. Both mysql 5.6 and php 7.1 are not supported by vendors anymore. And both used to impede a development process of EspoCRM. By dropping their support it makes our work much easier.

• espcrm
                espcrm commented
                Editing a comment
                Notice the update. Thank you.

Yes it is a shame but at least this way I look for a better alternative hosting which I been delaying for far too long.

I updated to MySQL 5.7 and the install went just fine and everything works as it should. So far I've not seen any speed improvement from the previous database server version to this one... or any difference between Espo 5.8 and the previous version.

Comment

• yuri
                yuri commented
                Editing a comment
                There were major performance improvements in MySQL 8.

• espcrm
                espcrm commented
                Editing a comment
                Is MySQL 8 the same as MySQL 5.8? Was going to be my question but then I read the Wiki page. What happen to v6 and v7, funny.

That good to hear regarding MySQL 8, what the plan for EspoCRM regarding that? Is EspoCRM 6+ will be MySQL 8 as requirement? Or it more like EspoCRM 7+?

Guess we are stuck with 5.7 for a while, which is the latest version anyway. 8 is too new for most people to support.

I had (and have) the option to go to MySQL 8 but I use a photo gallery server called Piwigo https://piwigo.org/ and that system has had some difficulties with MySQL 8. When Espo requires version 8 that is when I'll go to it... and I read somewhere in one of the forums here that Espo has a few issues with it.

Comment

I see version 5.8.1 with 0 tickets closed. What's this?

Comment

Originally posted by telecastg View Post
                  Just found out that my hosting service siteground.com doesn't have yet MySql 5.7 and no timeline to support it, any suggestions on other providers and has anyone installed EspoCRM on Azure or Amazon AWS ? I am considering migrating to cloud services.
                  Hi,

Try out the following provider: We have been using them for 3 years and absolutely no problem, fantastic support, always maintains your servers effectively, We have 4 dedicated servers with them and 6 vps servers for public use. Contact: https://www.exabytes.com
                  Last edited by murugappan; 02-11-2020, 06:07 AM.

Comment

• espcrm
                    espcrm commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Will check them out. I made a post here that might interest people who are struck with 5.6 MySQL and need to look for new host.

In the future this thread will be use for discussion; the Wiki hosted on Github will be used instead to post update; please see: https://github.com/o-data/EspoCRM-Learning-and-Design/wiki Part 2 of this post can be found here: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/gene...5114#post55114 (https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/general/54706

It too bad they don't have Live chat. I want to ask them about their Shared Hosting.
                    Last edited by espcrm; 02-12-2020, 12:33 AM.

• telecastg
                    telecastg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks murugappan

• murugappan
                    murugappan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi espcrm,

They do have live chat. Its under the Contact Us menu option. They are very responsive and immediate. Their sales and support respond within 2 minutes on their ticket system and instantly on the live chat. They can even provide you with DR sites by staging your servers in alternate locations. Our DR servers are located about 30 miles away, if needed, they can even locate it in Singapore for us in Malaysia.

This is my recommendation records MySQL Servers.

(1) Do not migrate to version 8.x. Lots of migration issues plus Oracle wants to nail us for licensing. That's my take on it.
                  (2) I am not sure if there is a version 5.8. Oracle jumped to version 8.x solely to take us to the licensing part . If you are small to medium size this does not really matter. Enterprise level is good to migrate to 8.0 but lots of testing to be done with the irritation of Oracle releasing updates in between.
                  (3) We were thinking either migrate 5.7 or MariaDB. Your code will not change (not that i am aware of) in either case.
                  (4) If you are on 5.6, its good to migrate but need to do lots of testing. We wanted to do that last year and really didnt do anything except to switch over into another VPS and tested it live for 1 month. We stopped it mid way due lots of projects at hand.

One thing puzzles me. Why stop support of MySQL 5.6 when the end of life is only February 2021 which 2 years from now? Isnt this too premature and also without lead time? Its going to be a big decision for us to make when we have so much going on now.
                  Last edited by murugappan; 02-11-2020, 06:01 AM.

Comment

• espcrm
                    espcrm commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Refer to this post for end of 5.6: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/anno...5667#post55667

There may have been warning on the Git but I don't monitor it so not sure, perhaps there are many code that is reliance on mySQL 5.7 already and with the release of 5.8 it become mandatory.

Or there may be virtually no code at all but a decision need to be make for the upcoming 5.9 or v6.0 where mySQL 5.7 is required.
                    Last edited by espcrm; 02-11-2020, 06:43 AM.

• murugappan
                    murugappan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi espcrm,

We have decided to hold upgrades in Espocrm and live with 5.7 for the time being. Flipping things overnite is not so simple. We have many apps that needs to be tested and verified. I had a bad experience during the last migration. The PHP flip-over took the hell out of us. After flipping, and we assuming nothing serious, we ended up with one disaster after another. This was due to deprecated functions and code. The flip-over forced us to run through the codes and update otherwise this deprecation message were popping-up everywhere and it was really embarrassing.

Besides, I think the next release of MySQL will not be 5.9 or 6.0. If i am not wrong, it has to be 8.X or (9.x sigh!) which we have to pay. Version 8.0 is an overhaul and disgusting. The natural choice is to migrate to MariaDB (a MySQL clone) under GPL license. So, please exercise care when migrating. Version 5.7 is also has short lifespan. Espocrm should have migrated to MariaDB. Well, we will wait and see.
                    Last edited by murugappan; 05-14-2020, 12:50 PM.
                Working...
                X