field country of varchar to list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• field country of varchar to list

How can I change the country field of the entity address of varchar to Enum?

Thanks
    Last edited by abner; 11-29-2016, 10:01 PM.

Hi
    You need a developer to override address field view or do try to make it

Comment

Hi!
      Change the type from application / Espo / Modules / Crm / Resources / metadata / entityDefs / Account.json but do not make the change from the view.

Comment

Hi,
        There is no risk in changing this when there are updates to EspoCRM?
        Isn't there any other way without changing the code?

Comment

• eymen-elkum
          eymen-elkum commented
          Editing a comment
          You can develop it in safe upgrade way.

zast I dont think it a wise choice to change it to List. You risky future issue as this field is a default field, not unless you create a new field instead.

If you want to make is easier for you, I suggest you use "Auto Complete" or "Options" feature. Please see:

Under Autocomplete Country for example.

Otherwise you can also use "Default" field. Right now I only have less then 5 country listed as we are more local then international.

Under the word Default

Comment

Originally posted by espcrm View Post
          zast I dont think it a wise choice to change it to List. You risky future issue as this field is a default field, not unless you create a new field instead.

If you want to make is easier for you, I suggest you use "Auto Complete" or "Options" feature. Please see:

Under Autocomplete Country for example.

Otherwise you can also use "Default" field. Right now I only have less then 5 country listed as we are more local then international.

Under the word Default
          Thank you very much.

Auto complete is perfect. When you press it, you get the list of countries (if you encoded them).

Comment

Hello guys,
            i've created field which will provide enum list with all countries in 29 languages instead of varchar field for addressCountry
            Hello guys, we've published new extension which will allow you new type of field address. There is one difference, you don't have to enter country in varchar field, we've prepared enum list with all countries. We've prepared 29 translations, all languages which EspoCRM use are covered. This extension is a response to few

Comment

Working...
            X