Custom Fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Fields

Regards, I have tried adapting the meetings tab and that when you select the type of parent and choose lead and type you do not look for a custom field that I created earlier, I always look for the name. Where can I edit that? Thanks

Comment

I'm not sure, but I think you can use conditional logic to hide certain fields or at least make them read only. You can probably do it in the js directly.

Comment

Let me reword the issue

I have a field where I can search for an entity showing a filtered dropdown while I'm typing in. I want to change the field shown in the labels of that dropdown

Thanks in advance

Comment

How do you show a filtered dropdown? I'd really like to do that.

I don't have any dropdowns like that, so I can't test this, but I maybe what you want to do is change the "link" attribute of the field in the listSmall.json file for the parent entity. This will most likely change the link to the other column in all other views that use the listSmall options, though.

If you move the link attribute to another column, it will be the one that can be clicked to go to the entity. It's possible, though, that the dropdown is simply using the name field instead of the one with the link. Let me know if you figure it out.

For example, this file has two columns:
          Code:
          custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/layouts/Account/listSmall.json
          The original version has the link in the first column:
          Code:
          [
            {
              "name": "name",
              "width": 50,
              "link": true
            },
            {
              "name": "type"
            }
          ]
          Changing it to this:
          Code:
          [
            {
              "name": "name",
              "width": 50
            },
            {
              "name": "type",
              "link": true
            }
          ]
          causes the second column to become the link to the account object. Maybe this will help? I don't know.

Note: more than one column can have the link attribute set to true. If moving the link to another column helps in your situation, I wonder what it will do if multiple columns have the attribute set to true.

Comment

Working...
          X