X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh web installation to test and learn Espo CRM

***UPDATED***
    Hi,
    I installed just a couple of days ago EspoCrm so my skill is really poor about it. Apologize.

After a web fresh installation everything seems to be working apparently well but some 404 error is popping up on the top of whatevery page I am working on,
    AND MAKE IMPOSSIBLE TO CREATE ANY RECORD, CONTACTS, PHONE CALLS and so on.

By the way, at the installation the only "red" parameter was about the maximum response time, it is setted to 140 instead of the 180 adviced.

Any way to fix this? Is that a matter of restictions/permissions?

This way I cannot use the system at all.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    MDevelopment Italy
    Last edited by mdevelopment; 11-14-2018, 03:40 PM.

Hello,
    could you
    1. check espo log? (<ESPOCRM_DIR>/data/logs)
    2. check browser log (F12)

Comment

Hello Tanya, I reUploaded the whole pack of files and it works now. probably some files where not uploaded properly to the remote server.

Still I do have one issue, about the crontab:
      Espocrm being installed on a remote web server (a shared one, the same one where I do have the website), I do not have access via terminal, I am allowed to access via ftp only and I do not know how to find the crontab file.
      Can you help me about that?
      Thank you

Comment

It's not possible. You could google this question since this is not EspoCRM specific question. I recommend to acquire a server with ssh access.

You can also call cron.php via GET requsets (for testing purposes) but you will need to modify the file to allow non CLI execution.

Comment

Hello yurikuzn,
          Thank you for your kind reply.
          Just let me understand please, you are mentioning the file cron.php (not crontab)

Actually I can reach and edit the file cron.php via filezilla, is that the file to modify?
          I am asking because I modified that file from the beginning adding the line the ESPOCRM system suggests but I still have the alert that says to insert that line.
          Thanks for your help.

Should the cron.php content look like this below the comments: (mydomain.it is just an example).

$sapiName = php_sapi_name();

if (substr($sapiName, 0, 3) != 'cli') {
          die("Cron can be run only via CLI");
          }

include "bootstrap.php";

$app = new \Espo\Core\Application();
          $app->runCron();
          * * * * * cd /home/mhd-01/www.mydomain.it/htdocs/espocrm; /usr/bin/php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

(* * * * *) are those to add too? I do not know that much about this syntax.
          Last edited by mdevelopment; 11-19-2018, 02:01 PM.

Comment

undo your changes

remove this code form the file

if (substr($sapiName, 0, 3) != 'cli') {
            die("Cron can be run only via CLI");
            }

Comment

do not touch any php file

* * * * * cd /home/mhd-01/www.mydomain.it/htdocs/espocrm; /usr/bin/php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

this is the exact command.

know your host then try to access via ssh(just google it) if none then most probably it is on cpanel's "scheduled jobs"

If you are on shared web hosting then most probably you will change it to */25 * * * * cd /home/mhd-01/www.mydomain.it/htdocs/espocrm; /usr/bin/php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1
              that is because most that I tried do not allow their users under such hosting run cron every minute.

Here's a link for cron

​​​​​​​http://www.adminschoice.com/crontab-quick-reference

Comment

Yes I am on a shared web hosting.
                I will follow your guidelines, thanks to both of you, will update as soon as I get some result.
                Work in progress.

Update: the provider I am currently using doesn't give us SSH access.
                I need to migrate on a different hosting service and then I will be asking for some help to send that comand to the server properly.
                Last edited by mdevelopment; 11-21-2018, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X