Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does HTTP Error 508 mean in regards of Espo processing requests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does HTTP Error 508 mean in regards of Espo processing requests?

Hi @all,

from time to time Espo throws 508 errors. Sometimes none, sometimes the one or the other and sometimes I get 508 for nearly every request. All of them started via GUI. Since Espo seems to retry failed requests it most of the times just does not have an effect. Entities are getting saved etc. Is this maybe a sign for poor server performance? Shall I (can I?) increase timeout configs?

Hi,

It's not Espo throws this error but your web server / hosting provider. Whenever anybody gets some error code returned (in 501 - 599), I recommend to look up this code on the internet first. Usually, it will explain the reason.

Comment

• yuri
      yuri commented
      Editing a comment
      > Espo seems to retry failed requests

There's no such logic in Espo, at least I don't remember such.
      Last edited by yuri; 06-04-2023, 01:41 PM.

The HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) 508 Loop Detected response status code may be given in the context of the Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) protocol.

Error relating to something about WEBDav.

I don't remember EspoCRM Support any DAV yet. Did you code something relating to this or extension?

Comment

error 508 seemt to be related to server limitation of ressource.

Comment

Originally posted by item View Post
        error 508 seemt to be related to server limitation of ressource.
        Yeah, that's exactly what it is. My shared hosters CPU usage limit was hit. At first I was mislead by the "Loop Detected" message that espcrm also found. That's why I thought this is a error code thrown by Espo recognizing some kind of circular calls...

Comment

• item
          item commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for reporting and your feedback. hope this help others community members for choose a good hosting
      Working...
      X